Powered by Blogger.

the beginning

Monday, March 19, 2007

It's officially official.
We're on our way.
The check is in the mail.
I sent in our application today.
Woohoo! I can hardly believe it. We've been waiting for a long time...probably too long in fact, to finally officially get started on this adoption process.
We've been thinking about this for a long time. We mulled it over for a long time and then finally made the decision over Christmas...then we did the research. We asked questions of just about everyone who had adopted internationally. We asked for references on e-groups and visited agency websites asking for information. We checked with the Better Business Bureau and prayed ALOT.
We finally decided on an agency about a month ago, but had a hard time lining up someone to do our homestudy. Then we had to wait for tax return to get here before we could get started and then in the last couple of weeks we started having second thoughts about our agency. But all of those fears have been firmly put to rest and we are finally ready to go.
I just got back from sending off our precious packet of information. It's on its way to Texas via the postal service complete with one of those little green confirmation stickers. (That way I can track it as it crosses three states (four if you count Missouri where I mailed it from!) I'm so excited!
Now I just need to get down to business and schedule our homestudy, send off for birth certificates, track down our marriage license, schedule our doctor's office visits, fill out our I-600A, have everything notorized, have everything apostilled...ect., ect., ect.
It makes me tired just thinking of it...and then I get a big smile on my face and realize...this is only the beginning!

1 salty messages:

Missy March 19, 2007 at 8:22 PM  

I am so happy for you! I wish I was close enough to start counting the days...but God has His perfect timing, huh? Thanks for your input on the link list. I had to change my format over to the new one, then everything was easy! But thanks for caring enough to help!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP