Powered by Blogger.

going nowhere

Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'm really bad at waiting...no, really. I have no patience whatsoever...that's one of the many lessons I think God is trying to teach me through this adoption process. You would think after having adopted three kids from Russia that I would have the patience thing down.
I don't.
I may be about as bad as I have ever been.
Part of my frustration right now lies with our adoption agency. It's a nice agency...the owner is very friendly, very patient and a Christian. She came with glowing recommendations...and I can see why. She is forthright in the answers she gives you...and she instills confidence when you talk to her.
The key word is WHEN.
We have had an awful time getting in touch with her. We call and email just about daily, trying to get an idea of when we'll be able to start our paperwork. All we want is the list. We've been through this three times before, we know what we're doing.
But she rarely calls us back.
Today, she sent an email, explaining why things have been so slow lately. It seems like she's had more clients than she is accustomed to, so she's hired a new person to help her out. She hopes that will improve her ability to get back to everyone on a timely basis.
That's a relief, because it feels like we've wasted the last two months waiting for returned phone calls instead of getting started on our adoption. I truly think we could be done with the paperwork by now if we just would have had the list.
We do have an appointment to talk with her tomorrow night to talk about paperwork...so it looks like we may finally get started. And then Saturday is the homestudy.
We may finally be getting somewhere.

2 salty messages:

adoptedthree March 30, 2007 at 8:17 PM  

I would offer you my homestudy agency but we are in Ohio... I can offer a great facilitator though. She is a diamond!

Tami March 31, 2007 at 5:25 PM  

I may take you up on your offer for a facilitator. Our homestudy agency is fine...it's the facilitating agency we're having trouble with. She ended up missing our appointment last night and we still haven't heard from her!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP