Powered by Blogger.

a weekend to remember

Friday, March 9, 2007

We've been parents for almost eight years now (we've been married almost 18!). And in that time we haven't had any time off for ourselves.
That ends this weekend.
As an anniversary gift last year, my parents registered us for 'A Weekend to Remember,' a marriage conference in Kansas City. It is held all over the country and teaches God's design for marriage and family. We're excited to go. It's supposed to be fun and non-threatening. My brothers and their wives have all gone to the conference and both of the boys said it was great. High praise from a couple of guys! :)
So Mom and Dad are coming in today from Colorado to watch the kids while we're gone. Pray for them! :) Keeping an eye on three young kids is not for the faint of heart! :) The kids are excited to have them coming and have promised to be on their best behavior, but I've warned them...I grew up with my parents! I know what they're capable of! :)
In the meantime, we're cleaning, packing and doing laundry. As soon as my parents get here we'll be off. I'll let you know if it truly was a weekend to remember.
******************
For more information on the conference check out their website at
www.weekendtoremember.com

1 salty messages:

Missy March 12, 2007 at 9:40 AM  

I hope you had a good time!

Post a Comment

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP