Powered by Blogger.

check...check...check

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I'm quickly going down my dossier list and crossing things off.
Last Saturday was the homestudy...check.
Sent off the USCIS application yesterday...check.
Walked across the street to the post office again today to send off our state background check application...check.
Trotted down the hall to H.R. to have them fill out and sign the proof of employment...check.
All that's left on my immediate list is calling my mortgage company and making an appointment for a physical. Thankfully the agency we're working with only gives us this stuff in stages, which hopefully means I won't get too overwhelmed by a big stack of stuff.

With our other adoptions the agencies we worked with just handed us a big list and wished us good luck. This time our new agency is holding our hand and talking us through the process. Something I don't really need...but it's kind of nice. And after only three days I am more than half way through my list.
I'm elated.
I'm impressed.
I feel good.
In the last three days I've made more progress than the last two months combined.
Sigh.
I feel real good...check.

2 salty messages:

Missy April 5, 2007 at 8:27 PM  

Checking off lists is always fun! (At least to me...makes me feel like I'm making progross toward whatever) I'm so happy for you guys that you are officially starting the journey to your little girl!

Tami April 5, 2007 at 9:08 PM  

You're right...checking things off makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP