Powered by Blogger.

devastated

Thursday, April 26, 2007

That's the only word I can think of right now. It's probably a bit too strong, but the way I'm feeling right now...it fits.
I just got a copy of the email our agency sent to our social worker with the list of things that need to be changed.
Eighteen.
That's how many things need to be changed.
Eighteeeeen!
I'm speechless.
It's such a long list I don't even know where to begin.
I feel like we're starting over from square one. Some of the items are things the social worker already has...the criminal background check, our physical health and description of our marriage. But other things like four references, guardianship and interviews with our children are things we've never had to do before...I don't think she even officially interviewed the kids when she was here.
I've already started scrambling - trying to come up with the information she needs. She has to state which documents she used to verify our births, marriage and financial information...I had already given her the last two years worth of tax returns and all of us went with the assumption that eight years worth of homestudies and post-placements would give her enough proof that we had been born and were married. The agency kept saying that Ukraine wasn't as strict as Russia was about their homestudies.
They were wrong.
We've never gone through this much re-writing...ever. And right now part of me just wants to shut down, crawl in a hole and give up.
Forget Ukraine.
Forget adoption.
Just move on.
I'm not going to do it. I never give up on anything.
But I want to.
Instead I'm going to do what I usually do when I get pushed into a corner.
I'm going to come out swinging!
I'm going to pull myself up by my bootstraps and start kicking butt. I'm going to get all of this junk together as fast as I can so I can prove to nobody in particular that I am not going to be beaten by this. My goal is to have everything in her hands by Tuesday morning when I have the final medical stuff notarized.
That way there are no excuses.

4 salty messages:

Missy April 26, 2007 at 8:52 PM  

I am so sorry that so much has to be re-done! My prayers are with you that all the pieces fall into place and everything comes together soon!

jessy April 26, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

Argh! I'm sorry! That just doesn't make sense to me, verifying your documents in the homestudy? Hello? Isn't that what the D-O-S-S-I-E-R is for?

Anonymous,  April 26, 2007 at 10:56 PM  

I don't know a thing about this, but I'm sure it is disappointing that so many more things are needed. Hang in there! I know you know that God's in control of this and there is a purpose for having to jump through the hoops. And with that said, I'm also sure that this is difficult. I have no doubt that you'll pull through (by Tuesday).
Love,
Cathi

Jenni April 27, 2007 at 1:47 AM  

How disappointing! I'm glad that you are coming up fighting though and more determined than ever to get these things done. The paper-chase can be so discouraging at times, especially when requirements that you were unaware of keep popping up.

I hope everything comes together and you can relax a bit after Tuesday.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP