Powered by Blogger.

guilty pleasures

Thursday, April 5, 2007

We all have them.
Little guilty pleasures.
Things we secretly love, but just don't want anyone else to find out about.
I have the typical ones...
- Chocolate (that's a big one)
- Christian fiction (You know...the western frontier love stories)
- Oreo cookies with a HUGE glass of milk (kind of goes along with the chocolate)
- Survivor (I know, I know...but it's fun to try to figure out who is going to get
kicked off next.)
- Blogs (I'm absolutely addicted to blogs...don't know what it is, but I can't get enough of reading about other people who are adopting.)
- My Josh Groban CD (It may be cheesy, but you've got to admit, there's nothing like it.)
But there is one guilty pleasure that I am absolutely embarrassed to admit. It's kind of childish really. Something I normally would never admit to liking, but since I'm confessing I might as well admit...
I love...VEGGIETALES.
I've never been one to get into cartoons, but for some reason I really like Veggietales. Maybe it's because of it's Christian themes or perhaps it's because I don't really have to worry at all about letting the kids watch it for the first time unsupervised. But I imagine the real excuse is just that it's really funny!
What's really sad is that I think I love it more than the kids do. As soon as I find out there's been a new release, I'll run out to the Christian bookstore to pick up the latest copy...before the kids say a word!
I know...I know...pathetic.
Tonight, the kids are watching 'The Lord of the Beans' and as I sit here reading blogs. eating chocolate/peanut butter girl scout cookies and gulping down a big glass of milk, every once in awhile I will catch myself peeking into the living room to follow the journey of a Flobbit named Toto Baggypants (Junior Asparagus) and his mentor Randalf (Archibald Asparagus). It's really a great little story, but I have to keep reminding myself that their target audience is a lot younger than I am.
With all of that said...there's still more.
Here's a really big confession...
I have a Veggietales ring tone on my cell phone.
I tell people it's for the kids...and I don't activate it often...but it's there and I love it!
Whew.
I feel better.

6 salty messages:

Missy April 6, 2007 at 8:24 PM  

I am right there along side you! I have found myself laughing out loud (literally) to many of Larry's silly songs. The humor in those (clean humor even) is aimed at adults too...so you don't have to feel pathetic! At least, that's what I tell myself. (Yes, I have quite a few and I don't even have any youngins yet!) :)

Tami April 6, 2007 at 8:26 PM  

Aren't they a hoot! I'm ashamed to admit I think we have all of them...and I'm not quite sure which one is my favorite, although my favorite silly song is definitely the 'Hairbrush Song.' :)

Missy April 6, 2007 at 11:03 PM  

I have made my stomach hurt from laughing so much at that song! You make me want to pull out my collection and watch them all again!

Tonya April 9, 2007 at 8:28 PM  

I LOVE veggietales! I haven't seen Lord of the Beans yet, but my kids were telling me about it just 2 days ago and I can't wait to get it.

Tami April 9, 2007 at 8:48 PM  

When we first brought Q-Ball home (14 months) in '99, he loved Veggietales so much that I bought a couple of audio tapes and played in them in the car on the way to and from the babysitter. It kept him entertained and quiet...(he used to scream when he was put into the carseat!) Now he's almost 9 years old and while he may not admit it (he's too cool for that) I think he still loves Bob and Larry. He sure doesn't complain when we pull the DVDs out!

Karya April 11, 2007 at 6:02 PM  

I'm 32... and I love Veggietales' silly songs more than my kids!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP