Powered by Blogger.

homestudies, doctors appointments and bob

Monday, April 23, 2007

Well I didn't get in touch with the social worker. I left a message and am hoping I'll hear from her soon. She's usually pretty good about returning phone calls...sometimes it just takes a couple of days.
Since I couldn't get in touch with her I decided to call our agency...I had to feel like I was getting something accomplished. The 'paperchase coordinator' said they received our KBI clearances yesterday which I was thrilled to hear about. I was starting to think we'd never hear from them. So I get to cross them off the list today!
Check.
Tomorrow is a big paperwork day. Meshack and I have our doctor's appointments. Now let me tell you - this is my least favorite part of this process. I hate going to the doctor. I go...I just don't like it.
They have needles there.
I'm sure this is going to be a most unpleasant appointment (if you know what I mean) and I'm not looking forward to it at all...but I will do anything to bring Maddie home.
After we get those documents signed and notarized and have our final homestudy in hand, we'll be ready to send our packet to the agency. It will take too long to wait for the USCIS approval so we'll send everything else on ahead.
After that, the agency says it will just be a matter of getting a few more forms signed, which they say should literally take a day, and we'll be set.
Yea.
On the name front, we still haven't made any real progress. Meshack has been trying for weeks to get me to go along with his first place name, "Mallory." I just can't get past the image of Michael Keeton's sister on 'Family Ties." It's a picture in my head that just won't go away! Sorry.
He tried for the umpteenth time yesterday to try and coerce me into going along with him...this time by using a very dirty trick. He used our daughter.
'Punky,' he asked her, 'Please tell Mommy what you think we should call baby sister.'
She looked at him with a big grin and said, 'Bob!'
Bob...hmmmmmm...I kind of like it. ;)

4 salty messages:

Gail,  April 23, 2007 at 7:34 PM  

Hi Tami,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I like the name Mallory. We have an adorable four year old in our daycare with that name. I should send you a pic.
Glad to meet you!
Gail
www.johannafaith.blogspot.com

Gail,  April 23, 2007 at 8:19 PM  

Hey! Email me. I want to talk to you more about your's and my process. I too am waiting for USCIS.
gails1107@cox.net

kate April 24, 2007 at 11:02 AM  

Yeah, Mallory conjures up visions of Justine Bateman for me, too. It's cute, though...

Yea for progress!

jessy April 24, 2007 at 1:56 PM  

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I LOVE COMMENTS!!

Mallory starts with the root word 'mal' which we all know mean BAD. Tell Hubbey you cannot name your child "Baddish." Case closed. Argument won.:0)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP