Powered by Blogger.

little piece of paper

Saturday, April 7, 2007

I have a little piece of paper in my hand this morning that makes everything seem so real.
I stopped by the post office just a little while ago, to pick up a package for my husband (He had purchased a motorcycle helmet off of e-bay...a whole other blog!) While I was there I pulled our mail out of the P.O. Box. Inside was an envelope I wasn't expecting.
It's a receipt from the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security.
It's weird how a little receipt, which looks a lot like the slip we get from our small town grocery store, can put absolutely everything into perspective.
I guess it's because until now, it's just been a dream. It's something we had decided to do, but nobody was really joining in the effort. Our family is behind it, our friends are on board and our agency is doing a great job, but nobody was really active in the process of bringing Maddie home.
Until now.
Now the federal government is working with us.
Wow!
It's suddenly very real...thanks to a little piece of paper.

3 salty messages:

Missy April 8, 2007 at 5:51 PM  

Talk about something for the memory box!

Lisa,  April 9, 2007 at 10:01 AM  

So exciting! I found your blog by googling spanking and homestudy. Did you have to sign a statement saying you wouldn't spank for your homestudy. We are trying to find an agency in NY and are having a very hard time because of our view on spanking (administered in love, not slapping, etc.). Anyway, just wondering - and CONGRATULATIONS!

Tami April 9, 2007 at 1:00 PM  

Thanks! We did not have to sign any kind of statement, our social worker just asked us about it and we answered honestly. For us, it is administered in love, is one swat on the bottom and is used only in cases of defiance.
I think part of the reason we didn't have to sign the statement is because we live in Kansas, where people are much more open to it. Is it possible that signing the statement is a state regulation? I hope not!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP