Powered by Blogger.

putting pen to paper

Monday, April 9, 2007

I'm wasting time.
Putting off the inevitable.
I'm procrastinating.
I should be writing.
But not on my blog.
I need to write my life story.
It's part of our homestudy requirements. Our social worker wants to know all about our backgrounds...our life growing up, how we met, schooling and the last eight years as parents. But how do we put all that down in just a few pages?
I'm at a loss.
It's kind of funny really. I'm a writer by trade. As a journalist I use words every day. I once heard that women speak around 20,000 words per day, and when I first started blogging I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up with it. I was convinced I used up all of my words at work. But somehow I've been able to keep this thing going.
I must recycle my words.
But it's not translating to my life story.
What I've come up with so far kind of sounds like one of my Newswriting 101 assignments when the instructor had us write our own obituary. It's all just a tad bit superficial, superfluous and more than a tad bit self-serving.
I'll eventually come up with something. I always do. I need to. If I don't, the homestudy won't get finished. I'm motivated. Really.
I'll just have to dig out the laptop and curl up on the couch with Meshack tonight. While he's watching '24', I'll try to punch this thing out. I just wish I knew where to start.

0 salty messages:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP