Powered by Blogger.

there's good news and bad news

Monday, April 16, 2007

First the bad news...
The person I needed to talk to about getting my employment letter redone and who I was going to ask to notarize our recent mortgage statement, was out of the office sick today. Sooo...all of that has to wait until tomorrow.
Not so bad...I can deal with that...hope she feels better.
The good news is...I had a nice little present in the mail this afternoon.
It looks like mortgage company guy came through for me.
We have our mortgage company statement!
That's another item that we can check off the dossier list.
I've added it to the growing pile of papers that we will need to send off to get apostilled, but I'm in a bit of a quandary over what to do with them. When we adopted from Russia, I just sent off for apostilles as the notarized documents came in. When we adopted our oldest son it wasn't that big of a deal. I worked in Topeka and just ran down to the Statehouse on my lunch break. For the last adoption in '02, I just did it that way because it made me feel like I was getting somewhere.
For those of you who have submitted your dossiers in Ukraine I'm wondering...should I send them off as I get them, or should I send them all in one big packet? Is there a problem with the apostilles not all having the same date or even a date that is close together. We're going to have to get apostilles from two states anyway, because we live in one state and I work in another.
Any thoughts?

2 salty messages:

kate April 16, 2007 at 10:28 PM  

No idea on your apostilles. I contemplated a Ukraine adoption, but, as a single, Russia seemed a better option.

Thanks for your blog comment. I'm starting month 14 of the wait... I hope your journey goes faster!

Courtney April 18, 2007 at 3:43 PM  

We did ours as one mass apostilling session, but I don't think it really matters. We did it that way since we just take them in to the apostilling office downtown, but our marriage license is from TX so that apostille doesn't have anywhere near the same date as the others. :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP