Powered by Blogger.

war and peace

Friday, April 27, 2007

Okay...I'm better.
I'm not quite as emotional and a little more coherent.
Although it's certainly not because I got any sleep last night.
I just got busy.
After I blogged about my descent into a paperwork abyss, I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and got down to business...
- I got on the phone and tracked down my brother and knighted him and his wife as guardians of my children...they were happy to return the favor.
- I hunted down four friends and asked them to be references...
- I scanned in our passports...
- I scanned our birth certificates...
- I scanned our marriage license...
- I scanned our employment verification letters...
Good thing I have a scanner...I would have gone mad if I couldn't have gotten all this done last night!
- I copied and pasted our monthly budget into another email...
- I wrote a little update on each of the kids to remind her of their history...
- Both of us rewrote a part of our bio to include more about our childhood and relationship with our parents...
- We wrote down as much information as we could about international adoption, attachment and bonding, so she would know that we know what we're talking about...
When it was done I emailed the whole thing off to the social worker at 12:30 this morning!
Every last one of the 18 items on the check list was checked off!
I can imagine what her face looked like when she came in and checked her in-box. I hadn't talked to her yet about the rewrite...so she wasn't expecting 20 emails from us! :) One of them was at least six pages long! The poor lady has a ton to sort through.
And it's not even her fault.
The agency is the one requesting the re-write of the great American novel. I understand, really I do (now). They're taking care of us, wanting to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. It's for our benefit to get all of this right the first time. So the way I figure it we'll just rewrite the great Russian novel instead. If they want us to re-write 'War and Peace', we'll rewrite 'War and Peace!'
I just hope they're ready to translate a novel.

6 salty messages:

adoptedthree April 27, 2007 at 8:17 PM  

Tami
LOL I have done this journey with my eyes closed and my head backwards. It is funny because I usually take the social workers and agencies hand and say follow me this is what I need. It will be just find. Time is not wasting it is just waiting for your perfect moment to go... but you know that (wink)

Tami April 27, 2007 at 8:25 PM  

You'd think I'd be a pro at this by now wouldn't you! What's that about the third time being the charm? :) I should know better by now...two adoptions and three kids later.
Thanks for the reminder about the perfect moment is just waiting for us...you're right. God is in control.

jessy April 27, 2007 at 10:50 PM  

Mercy, girl, I can't believe you did it all in one night. And managed a coherent e-mail to me, and probably went to work, and picked up kids, and fed family, and who knows what all else. How do you do it? Scratch that. Annoys the crud out of me when people ask that, but still, I gotta wonder...

Anonymous,  April 28, 2007 at 12:18 AM  

I never doubted you.
Catjo

kate April 28, 2007 at 3:17 AM  

Well done! I'd love to see the sw's face, too. Glad you're feeling confident about your agency. That's a huge blessing in and of itself.

annmarie,  April 28, 2007 at 7:34 AM  

You did it! But I really hope you can stay away from the "War and Peace" business.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP