Powered by Blogger.

wrapping up loose ends

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I've been struggling over the last two days to come up with something to blog about and the only thing I can come up with is a subject I'm just not quite ready to tackle. I've got a rough draft of a blog in my folder that I'll try and finish this week, but I'm afraid if I'm not careful I may end up hurting some feelings, and that's the last thing I want to do.
The subject really isn't that touchy...it's just one of those comments that well-meaning people make, that just hits me the wrong way.
But I digress.
In family news...
The kids finished up AWANA tonight. I'm so proud of them. They all finished their books this year. Q-ball finished his first year of T&T, Punky finished her first year of Sparks and JacJac wrapped up his final year of Cubbies. Exciting stuff! They've learned so many verses this year. My favorite part is hearing them recite John 3:16 and having Q-Ball rattle off all of the books of the Bible in less than a minute!
Cool huh!
All these years later I still find it amazing that these kids, who came from such a rough background have come so far. God is so cool! Eight years ago Q-Ball was just a skinny little guy from an orphanage in southern Russia who didn't know us from Adam and now he knows over 100 Bible verses and all of the books of the Bible! And almost five years ago Punky and JacJac were living in an orphanage in northern Russia...both incredibly underweight, but with an un-squashable spirit. I marvel at them today...healthy, smart and so full of life.
Not to mention how far they've all come physically and emotionally.
God is sooooo good!
In adoption news...
I got the new copies of my employment verification today so we're back on track. I still haven't heard from the USCIS or the KBI...I probably look a bit pathetic staring into the mailbox every afternoon, searching for an envelope that just isn't there.
Doctor's appointments are set for next week so unfortunately we can't do much else. I hate this part! I want to be doing something. Waiting has never been my strong suit!
In the meantime, I live vicariously through other PAPs and their blogs. There are several that are either in Ukraine or are getting ready to head there. Check them out on my favorite blogs list. There are some great stories.

1 salty messages:

Karin April 19, 2007 at 10:48 AM  

Tami, I'd like to thank you for your comments on my blog. Whatever you are going to write about comments from well meaning people I wouldn't worry too much about. Since you are taking such care considering how to broach the subject I am sure the people who read it will be understanding. Even if it stings a bit in the beginning they will learn and everyone will be a little closer for it. Imagine all attitudes, words and expressions that have been hurtful in the past that never would have changed if someone didn't open up and talk about it. I'll be watching to see how it goes.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP