Powered by Blogger.

fingerprints P.S.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

I realized after I posted the last blog I may have sounded a bit loony in getting all hyped up over fingerprints. (It is rather silly! Especially since we've done this all before! :)
I have to tell you though...I'm not loony. ;)
When I talked with the USCIS worker last Thursday she led me to believe it would be another 60 to 90 days (after they got the homestudy) before I would hear from them for the fingerprint appointment. And another 60 to 90 days after the fingerprints to process everything.
I had just resigned myself to not hearing anything for two or three months when we got the letter.
Needless to say I'm thrilled at the prospect of saving myself that much waiting...which I know I've mentioned that I'm not too good at! :)
We're hoping to get down there next Wednesday morning. Q-ball has a field trip on Wednesday, which is also in KC. Meshack is supposed to go on the field trip with him, so I hope I can just drop him off at the field trip site on my way back to work.
We're still working out the details.
I think it will work.
The only problem may be how long it takes them to get us in.
When we did our fingerprints for Q-ball's adoption we were at the KC office all morning (after arriving 30 minutes before they opened.) We were late for our homestudy appointment which was two hours away!
When we had our appointment for Punky and JacJac's adoption, Des Moines got us in within 15 minutes of our appointment.
I'm not holding out much hope of having it that easy, but I sure would like to get in and get out within a reasonable time frame.
Anyone have any idea how long it takes to get approval in Kansas City?

6 salty messages:

annmarie,  May 17, 2007 at 7:58 PM  

Oh, you gotta be just a tad looney :) And why not get looney over fingerprnts?! It's another step!

Jenni May 17, 2007 at 9:27 PM  

Thanks for clarifying your level of excitement. :) I remember feeling the same way when we got our appointment. Annmarie is right - every step further in the process is a reason to celebrate.

Steffie B. May 18, 2007 at 7:43 AM  

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Good luck on this next journey. How long do you have to wait?

Tami May 18, 2007 at 10:25 AM  

Hopefully not too much longer. I really have no idea...but we're hoping to travel either late this fall or early next year. We'll see how well that works out! ;)

Calico Sky May 18, 2007 at 5:16 PM  

thanks for visiting my blog Tami. I will take some time this weekend to read all about your adoption journey!

Gail,  May 18, 2007 at 6:29 PM  

Tami,
I think you must be the same person I have emailed, right? I just found your blog from "A Special Family."
Gail

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP