Powered by Blogger.

i'm back from the ledge

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

It's Tuesday...
The day I wanted to have everything sent to the social worker.
The day my initial paperchase was going to be over.

The day I wanted to check a bunch of stuff off the list.
By 8:30 this morning it didn't look like it was going to happen. That didn't sit too well with me. I was a mess...so I called my best friend Lynda.
Lynda is my best friend for a reason. She gets me. She knows me. She understands me.
And she is nothing like me.
Lynda is calm, patient and level-headed.
I'm not.
She has six kids, all under 12 and somehow she still has her wits about her.
I have three kids and lost my mind years ago.
Besides Meshack and my parents, she is the one person I trust most in this world to give me an honest but loving appraisal of a situation.
She's my rock.
Today was no different.
Lynda quietly reminded me, that the deadline was self-imposed. No one was forcing me to get this all done today.
'Yeah,' I complained. "But I waaaaaaant to get this done todaaaaaaaay."
She asked me if I wanted cheese to go with my whine.
Then she did what all good best friend's do - she listened to me rant and vent before talking me down from the ledge.

By the time I hung up 30 minutes later, I felt much better and got back to work.
- I made it to the 11:45 appointment on-time and got our medical papers signed and notarized.
- I emailed another batch of information off to the social worker.
- and I sent the first packet of dossier papers off to the agency.
By the time I was done, I was able to check a few more items off the list.

I still don't know when I'll hear from the USCIS. I don't know how much longer it will take to get the next stack of paperwork. And I don't know if the social worker has everything she needs to complete the homestudy, but if she doesn't she's awful close. And that's good enough for now.
There's nothing like the love of a good best friend to help you get back on track.
Everybody needs a Lynda.

3 salty messages:

Jenni May 1, 2007 at 11:05 PM  

Everyone does need a Lynda - she sounds like a wonderful friend. Glad you are off the ledge and feeling better about where you are at in the paper-chase.

Hang in there. It will all come together.

Kathy and Joel,  May 2, 2007 at 6:32 AM  

I have a Lynda and consider myself extrememly lucky to have her in my life. A friend who will kick your butt ito gear is priceless.
It will all come together soon...thinking about you. :)

kate May 2, 2007 at 10:58 AM  

Look at all the things you have crossed off your list! Well done!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP