Powered by Blogger.

i love the mailman!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

WE'RE GETTING FINGERPRINTED!!!!!!

HOLY COW!
WOW!
GREAT GOOGILI-MOOGILI!!
GEE WILLIKERS!!
OMW!!!!!
I went to the post office to pick up our mail this evening and I pulled out what looked like the regular assortment of Wednesday mail.
There's was the...
- Wednesday mailer...
- credit card offer...
- weekly newspaper...
- credit card offer...
- utility bill...
- credit card offer...
- cell phone bill...
- credit card offer...
- LETTER FROM THE USCIS!!!!!!
I nearly dropped it in the middle of the street!
I didn't see it coming!
When I talked to the Feds last Thursday it sounded like we wouldn't get an appointment until they had our homestudy. And then it would take 60 to 90 days to process!
So I mailed our homestudy on Saturday, the Post Office's website says it got there Monday, the letter is dated Tuesday...we got the letter today (WEDNESDAY!)
Talk about fast turnaround! Or maybe it's just a coincidence.
Just when I blogged about having 'neecheevo' to do...
Just when I was getting down to business complaining about having 'neecheevo' to do...
Just when I was getting used to the idea of having 'neecheevo' to do...
I'VE GOT SOMETHING TO DO!!!!
I get to go stand in 'chyehehrta*' at the USCIS and get my fingerprints taken!
I love the mailman!
********************
*Nuuuh uhhh! No cheating! If you want to know what this word means you have to check the word of the day...or drop me a line. I'll be happy to share my newfound, limited, but impressive knowledge of the Russian language in exchange for a blog comment! Yea, I know! I'm a really cheap date! :)

9 salty messages:

annmarie,  May 16, 2007 at 7:45 PM  

FANTASTIC!

LaLa May 17, 2007 at 10:44 AM  

Congrats...a step closer. BTW..found you on Stef's site : )

Missy May 17, 2007 at 12:07 PM  

I am assuming it means line from the context. Am I right?? :) So happy for your something to do!

Tami May 17, 2007 at 12:22 PM  

You're right! It means 'line.' Very good! ;)

Rachael May 17, 2007 at 4:23 PM  

Hopefully your state will keep up this great turn-around time!

I wonder how often people get this excited about getting fingerprints? Our USCIS ones were no big deal, but we had to get fingerprinted again at our local police station to get state police clearance letters for our dossier. They used the old fashioned ink, and they did it right where they process all the criminals. I wondered if anyone thought: "I wonder what she did?".

Tami May 17, 2007 at 7:18 PM  

It is rather silly isn't it - to be this excited over fingerprints? Especially since we've done this all before! :) I have to tell you though...I'm not loony. ;) When I talked with the USCIS worker last Thursday she led me to believe it would be another 60 to 90 days (after they got the homestudy) before I would hear from them for the fingerprint appointment. I had just resigned myself to not hearing anything for a month or two when we got the letter.

Rachael May 17, 2007 at 8:19 PM  

Just to clarify, it is completely normal to get excited about fingerprints...or any little tidbit of progress in this crazy adoption process.

I meant do you think other people (non-adopting types) think we're weird to get all worked up over fingerprints. Pah-nee-my-ish meen-yah? (understand me? -- know what I'm sayin'?) another word/phase of the day for ya. ;>

Tami May 17, 2007 at 8:55 PM  

Thanks for the clarification. You're right! They probably do think we're a little touched! ;) Oh well, I'll just add it to the list! :)
Love the phrase of the day! That's awesome! I'm writing it down and putting it on my computer monitor at work. That way I can work on it. Keep 'em comin'.

kate May 18, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

(But only say pah-nee-mah-YESH to a good friend or a child. To a stranger or someone you don't know well say pah-nee-mah-YETTEE.) Believe me, ya pahneemayoo--we all(mi--but with a vowel we don't have in English) pahneemayem!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP