Powered by Blogger.

lousy likeness

Thursday, May 31, 2007

I took off this week, originally to go on vacation with the family, but gas prices nixed that one in the bud. So we've stayed home this week.

It's worked out kind of nice actually. We've had the chance to get a bunch of different projects done that we normally can't find the time for. And we're able to put our vacation money toward the adoption.
Double bonus!
This afternoon I'm sitting at the computer doing some work on our dossier. Our agency sent us some papers to correct this week...nothing serious just a couple of blanks that were not filled in. They have also given me an idea of what we'll need for the next batch. (I hope they get me the complete list this afternoon - Meshack leaves for a four day conference tomorrow. And you know me...I want to get this to them by the weekend.)
I started compiling those pages today.
One of the items on the list are color photocopies of our passports.
It makes me want to laugh.
Our passport photos are HIDEOUS! They look like mugshots off of America's Most Wanted! Or at best, the worst DMV photo ever!
They look nothing like us!
They were taken almost eight years ago on an extremely hot and nasty muggy early July day! It was awful. Meshack and I are NOT warm weather fans and our car's air conditioner had just given out...by the time we got to Kinko's to get the pictures taken we were cranky, hot, sweaty, droopy, etc.
You get the idea.
Not a pretty picture.
Obviously.
Eight years later we're still stuck with the pictures. We don't want to renew the passports...there's really no need. We still have about a year and a half before they expire. But every time we use them we're afraid the people at immigration think we're a couple of cons.
We're not...honest. We just passed our USCIS background screening! :)

3 salty messages:

annmarie,  June 1, 2007 at 6:23 AM  

My passport photo was HELL a fe3w years back. At Heathrow Airport AND a train station in France, I was told, after a long look over, "oh you look better now."

Steffie B. June 1, 2007 at 9:08 AM  

I hate my passpoet picture too!

Christina June 1, 2007 at 5:02 PM  

Hate my passport photo too - and my driver's license pic. But just think... after flying around the world with a new child, the passport photo might look pretty accurate! (sorry, horrible thought - but it was true for me!)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP