Powered by Blogger.

rock 'em, sock 'em robots

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Do you remember the toy from the 70s that had a boxing ring with two big boxers in the middle? You and your opponent pushed buttons like crazy, trying to get either the blue or red robot to knock the other one out. Eventually one of the robots head would shoot up and the other would be declared the winner.

Well.
I have my own set of rock 'em sockers right here in my house.
Lucky me.
I haven't seen anything like this since my brother Leo (named changed to protect the not so innocent) and I were little. We used to go after each other pretty hard. I remember chasing him through the house, tackling him and pinning him to the floor once...many, many years ago (he's now 6'4"...I'm not!)
Punky and JacJac are starting to make us look like best friends!
Punky just came down the stairs with a hand over her eye, sniveling about JacJac punching her in the eye. He scampered down the stairs after her screaming something about wanting the light on and she kept shutting it off.
Now they're both crying...sitting and facing their respective corners.
I may not let them out of time-out until they're 16!
I had been planning to blog something today about how sweet it is to be spending a quiet Mother's Day with my kids.
Nope.
Not today.
Not so much.
Maybe some other time.

3 salty messages:

Missy May 13, 2007 at 6:26 PM  

I'm shocked I didn't kill my younger brother when we were kids. I did manage to bloody his nose (on more than one occasion) as well as some other more (much more) serious injuries. But we ended up best friends later and remain so to this day. But, boy did we have painful childhoods. :)

annmarie,  May 13, 2007 at 9:33 PM  

Ohhhh I remember those robots! My brothers and sister and I used to beat each other daily. It kept things interesting!

e. May 16, 2007 at 1:10 PM  

Sounds just like my Midge and Tank Boy. Only it's almost always Midge that's getting hurt -- she won't fight back. Not that I want my children to fight, but geesh, there comes a point where one really needs to defend one's self.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP