Powered by Blogger.

sleeping in

Friday, May 25, 2007

Why is it that when you have to get up you're too tired to do anything but push the snooze button...but on the mornings you get to sleep in, you wake up way before anyone else in the house?!
I hate that!
I'm off today. The plan was to spend the day with the kids on their first day of summer vacation, and get ready for my brother sister-in-law's visit.
We took the kids out for pizza last night to celebrate the end of school, then came home and let them stay up WAY past their normal bedtimes. I figured they'd sleep-in this morning.
THEY did.
I didn't!
I was awake at 6:15!
Uuuuuuuuugh!
And what did I do?
Instead of taking advantage of the situation by having some quiet time, I laid in bed and tossed, turned and tried to go back to sleep. Then, when I realized that wasn't going to work, I got up with a bad attitude and a bad headache.
Beautiful way to start the kid's summer vacation, huh!?
I'm better now. I've had my version of a cup of joe - my big glass of skim milk and a couple of Advil. (I just wish I had a big glazed donut to go with it.) And I've prayed for a change in attitude.
He obliged.
The kids are starting to stir. My first one just came down the stairs, mumbling something about wanting to go the park to play. I'd better get going.
Summer vacation has begun.
*****************************
P.S. #1 - My sister-in-law, Valerie, is going to be taking our family portrait this weekend. I'll try to post a pic when I can.
P.S. #2 - I've been tagged by Missy!!! My first time - I'm so excited!!! I'm working on it and will try to post it soon, but with company this weekend it may be Monday before I get around to it. Besides, I have to figure out who to tag next. Now would be a great time for some of you to de-lurk and let me know you're out there! I need people to tag!

1 salty messages:

Missy May 25, 2007 at 5:53 PM  

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to be excited about being tagged. It was fun (but knowing who to tag was an issue!) I'm sorry you couldn't sleep in! Frustrating!!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP