Powered by Blogger.

he's back!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Meshack made it home in one piece last night, just in time to see Punky's game!

The kids were thrilled.
I was pretty happy too, until I saw a picture of where he had been.
Now, I'm just jealous...and a little peeved that he didn't take me with him! I could have fit if he would have taken our biggest suitcase! ;)
Of course that would mean I would have had to come home the same way...and that wouldn't have been so fun.
Meshack got home a little early last night because he flew stand-by on an flight that got in about three hours earlier than his original flight. But somewhere in the change, his luggage got misplaced. We had to drive back to KCI last night after Punky's baseball game and pick it up...six hours after he got in!
They wouldn't send it to him because it wasn't THEIR fault!
UGH!
Have I ever told you about the time my dad's luggage got lost?
I didn't think so...
Here's a post from my old blog about my dad's misadventures...
It's a doozy.
*************************************
POSTCARDS FROM...
My dad went on a trip last Thursday. He headed off to Pennsylvania to visit his brothers. It was a smooth flight. He had a stop in Washington D.C. and then flew into Pittsburgh. But when he got there his luggage was missing.
No big deal, he thought. It would show up soon. But when he asked where it was, they told him it was going to be awhile. His bags not only weren't in the same city...they weren't in the same country, the same continent, or even the same HEMISPHERE!
His bags were in...ETHIOPIA!!!!
How did that happen? I mean COME ON! How is it that a man who is just traveling across the country can become so completely seperated from his luggage? I thought they didn't let bags on a flight without someone being on board to claim it!
It would be incredibly funny...(and still really is :) ...except for the fact that all of his medicine was in that suitcase. Not just the meds he would need for the next two weeks. ALL of his medicine. Mom not only couldn't overnight him anything, she had to go into his doctor's office, have them rewrite the prescriptions and fax them off to a pharmacy in Altoona, PA.
Then, Dad had the unbelievable joy of paying for all of those expensive medications...and he got to spend an evening in the E.R. because he had gone too long without his high blood-pressure pills.
Meanwhile, on my advice, Mom decides to shut off their cell phone which was also hanging out on the African continent. She called up Big Cell Phone company's customer service department and told the confused representative about her dilemma. Unfortunately, he told her, they can't help her. Her name is not on the contract...only Dad can make this call. But there's good news! They don't offer cell phone service in ETHIOPIA!
Thankfully, Dad's suitcase showed up Monday and surprisingly it was all in one piece. (I thought for sure his cell phone would be missing.) His medicine was in there, his cell phone was in there along with his razor and clothing. Of course, he still had to throw away some of his meds because it had been exposed to the heat for too long. But at least he has some clothes to change into!
Too bad luggage can't speak. I bet it would have some stories to tell...I know Dad does.

5 salty messages:

Rachael June 6, 2007 at 1:05 PM  

That is a gorgeous picture. Where is that?

You're dad's luggage story is going to be hard to top!

Tami June 6, 2007 at 1:21 PM  

The picture is from the western slope of Colorado...somewhere over by Grand Junction.

Calico Sky June 6, 2007 at 1:34 PM  

What a great post!!! A beautiful picture. I had to laugh about your dad's luggage - although feel bad for him too! What a story!!!

Missy June 6, 2007 at 6:18 PM  

p.s. Corney is doing better. I posted a little more..in case hubby wanted to know. Thanks for asking him!!! You're the best!

Missy June 6, 2007 at 6:18 PM  

Shockingly enough, I have never had my luggage lost. Guess that means I haven't traveled enough. (Now, that I said that...when I go to Ukraine, my luggage will be permanently lost!) ;)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP