Powered by Blogger.

i think i'm cheap

Monday, June 18, 2007

Well that just about broke the bank.
I didn't realize just how much the post office charged for overnighting something. I mean, I knew it was expensive, but $16.24 per package!
Times six!
O.M.W!
Maybe I'm just cheap.
I've been wondering about that.
Here I am complaining about how much apostilles cost in my state when people in Washington like M have to pay $15/document without a break for adoption. At least mine cost half that!
It could have been a lot worse.
We need to do something about this!
Anyway...
Virginia, Colorado and Missouri are on their way to their respective Secretary of State offices...or in the case of Virginia - Secretary of the Commonwealth (it sounds kind of poetic!)
But since I'm so cheap...Meshack is hand-delivering the Kansas one, getting the 28 documents apostilled and mailing it out himself tomorrow afternoon. It will save us a little in postage (although that's probably negated by gas prices) and will buy us an extra day or so.
Please pray he survives...he's also taking the three kids with him.
Should be 'fun.'
Hmmmmm...
On second thought, maybe I should just take the day off and do it myself.
At least that way at the end of the day I'll still have a husband and three children. ;)

8 salty messages:

Leslie June 18, 2007 at 6:56 PM  

You're not cheap! I think the sheer cost of adoption causes many of us to rethink how we spend money. At least it has for us. Even when this adoption is finalized, I think we will always look at spending in a different light. Plus, it should be a law that ALL adoption paperwork is free in the States! Yeah, write that into the constitution, Mr. President!

jessy June 18, 2007 at 9:05 PM  

Leslie is right! I hear about what celbrities spend on STUPID stuff, and I'm like, "That would pay for 2.3 Russian adoptions."
If we are cheap, at least we're cheap for a cause!

kate June 19, 2007 at 2:44 AM  

Just NOTARY charges at the consulate are $20/document. Hear, hear to Leslie's suggestion of free paperwork.That would really, really help.

M- June 19, 2007 at 11:07 AM  

Sounds like you'll make your deadline of getting it on the way to Ukraine by the end of June. You still have 11 days! It is great to have it done, isn't it?

Calico Sky June 19, 2007 at 12:33 PM  

Adoption sure isn't cheap!
love the picture!!!

Jenni June 19, 2007 at 11:01 PM  

Ouch! That is expensive! I wish they gave more adoption cost breaks too. In California, the apostille alone is $20 per document! I think it's the most expensive in the country. At least we get a tax break when all is said and done, but still!

During the adoption process, I just had to keep reminding myself that the money we were spending, in relation to the life of a child, was more than worth it.

Leslie June 20, 2007 at 7:42 PM  

So did Meshack survive the apostille trip?? I'm hoping to mail mine to the state dept. tomorrow. Florida charges $10 and Louisiana charges half price for adoption paperwork ($10). Still think it should be free . . .

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP