Powered by Blogger.

it's gone!

Saturday, June 2, 2007

It's done.
Whew.
There was a time yesterday when I didn't think it was going to happen.
First off, it took Meshack and the kids forever to come back from Wally World. A trip to Wally World is NEVER a quick process for our family. We ALWAYS come out of there with way more than we could ever use, but they were on strict orders to get the paper and come straight home. We had stuff to do.
Come to find out they went to the clinic to pick up his paycheck. One less thing I'd have to worry about while he's gone.
Thanks, Meshack. ;)
When they finally got home, Meshack finished packing and the kids ate lunch while I printed off the 14 documents (x 3) that needed our John Hancock's. Yes, that's 42 pieces of paper. Now really, our agency only needs the 14...but after three international adoptions I can tell you there is a definitely method to my madness.
I get the extra two copies for a very good reason.
I'm a control freak.
I have a white three-ring notebook filled with plastic sleeves and in those plastic sleeves I keep two extra copies of our dossier (without apostilles). That way when we travel to Ukraine I can take a set with me...and if, heaven forbid, something were to happen to my little book, there's another set here at home that my family has access to and can send us any form we may need.
See...I told you it was a good reason! ;)
Crazy...I know.
Anyway...
At 1:30 we headed over to the bank. Our wonderful notary gave me an odd look and fought off hand-cramps every time I pulled another set of papers out of the folder. She was a trooper. Big kudos to her and the two other bank workers we wrangled into witnessing a couple of the documents.
We got out of there around 2 p.m. and raced to the airport where Meshack's plane left at 3:50 p.m.
We made it with a few minutes to spare.
We watched Meshack's plane take off then the kids and I raced home, ate supper and headed off to Q-ball's baseball game.
One very busy day.
This morning, bright and early, I put all of the extremely precious documents into a file folder (with some extra cardboard) and then into a mailer and sent it off to the agency.
OUR DOSSIER IS GONE!!!!!!
From here on out it's all in the very capable hands of our agency.
They get the apostilles for us - thank you very much - that's one less headache.
And then our dossier flies to Ukraine.
The end is in sight.
Wow.

7 salty messages:

Leslie June 2, 2007 at 6:24 PM  

We're so excited for you!!!

Missy June 2, 2007 at 6:37 PM  

I can't believe it is happening so fast! Or maybe it just seems fast to me because I haven't done any of the work! ;) How very exciting to be nearing the end of the paperwork (here in the US anyway)

Christina June 2, 2007 at 8:21 PM  

Wow is right. I am SO impressed at your dossier-compiling skilz! :-)

Calico Sky June 3, 2007 at 3:40 AM  

A big CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS A REAL ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!

annmarie,  June 3, 2007 at 10:50 AM  

And they're off!!! This is great news!

Kathy and Joel,  June 3, 2007 at 1:31 PM  

Cool beans!!!

Kim June 4, 2007 at 5:03 PM  

Alright! Good for you. I remember doing that mountain of paperwork and being so nervous and excited to send it off. Hooray for you!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP