Powered by Blogger.

a night out with the guys

Friday, June 15, 2007

Well...the documents didn't get here.
It really shouldn't suprise me. I'm the only one who is on my timeline. I either need to get everyone else to join me at warp speed...
OR...
I need to just learn to cope.
I'm thinking it's going to have to be the latter.
It's not going to do me any good to get frustrated when the rate at which other people do their job is completely out of my hands.
I can't make people type faster, I can't make the Fed Ex man drive any faster or make a return trip to pick up my precious documents and I certainly can't make delivery men work on Sunday.
So, I'll just have to wait.
Sigh.
Besides...
I have other things to worry about.
Q-ball is on his first sleep-over tonight.
Now THAT is something worth worrying about for many reasons...
He's never spent the night away from home before.
He's never stayed with anyone besides us or his grandparents.
He's staying with a friend that I know, but I don't know THAT well.
I know they're NOT criminals.
I know they live in the country.
I know they make their kids mind.
I know they love their two kids to pieces.
Other than that, I don't know much.
I'm just a little worried.
Tonight before he left, Q-ball was trying to comfort me! :)
It wasn't like I was losing it or anything...I just had the mother mantra going.
'Now, Q...
'Make sure you brush your teeth...
'Don't forget to use your retainer...
'Eat everything she puts on your plate...
'Remember to say please and thank you...
'Don't do anything you can't do at home...
'Obey her Q-ball...
'Remember no T-rated video games...
'Don't stay...
'Mom,' he interrupted. 'I'm only going to T****'s house. I'm not going to be that far away. I'll be okay.'
Yeah...he will be.
But will I?

5 salty messages:

Jenni June 15, 2007 at 8:03 PM  

I know the feeling. I was that way when we left the kids with my mom overnight for the first time. It's hard letting go, even for a short period of time.

Steffie B. June 15, 2007 at 10:13 PM  

Our second adoption paperwork didn't go nearly as smooth as the first time. Hang in there!

Steffie B. June 16, 2007 at 9:55 AM  

Thank you so much for that adorable ecard! It was so cute! ;) Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
S*

Rachael June 16, 2007 at 10:27 AM  

It's hard to let them grow up isn't it.

I laughed about your extensive instructions to your son. Whenever my mom stays with our kids, if we have to go out of town, I always leave her pages of detailed instructions (which I suspect she ignores, but I can't help it).

BTW, I finally got around to completing your summer meme tag. Thanks for the tag.

Calico Sky June 17, 2007 at 7:45 AM  

hope they get there soon!
hang in there!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP