Powered by Blogger.

an original

Sunday, June 10, 2007

I promised I would blog something original this weekend and here it is...
There's nothing new.
Wow, that's a bit anti-climatic isn't it?
The truth is, we're at the part in this adoption where things are going to go very slowly...it's something I'm just going to have to get used to.
Or I'll lose my mind.
I sent in our dossier last Saturday..the agency got it on Monday. I finally got antsy and called and emailed them on Wednesday. On Thursday I heard back from them saying, yes, they had received our dossier, thank you very much, but she wasn't going to be able to 'grade' it until Friday. She'd let me know if there were any problems.
So far, I've heard nothing.
Have I mentioned that I'm really not good at waiting?
I thought so.
So I'm going to email again today and call again tomorrow.
I need to know what my grade is!
In the meantime, to keep myself busy I've been reading blogs, cleaning house, paying bills and researching adoption grant programs.
I honestly don't have a lot of hope of getting a grant. We've tried applying for them before and got absolutely nowhere, but we've got to try. I refuse to go more into debt for this adoption.
That's a whole other post.
Hey, at least I'm coming up with some ideas now! :)

5 salty messages:

annmarie,  June 10, 2007 at 9:44 PM  

Congratulations on getting that dossier in. It's that "hurry up and wait" thing...if you want to share a cheesecake, let me know. That's what I do to keep busy.

Calico Sky June 11, 2007 at 6:51 AM  

Congratulations it's in!
If you want slow, come to England...some people wait a year for a homestudy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Allison June 11, 2007 at 1:07 PM  

I'm not a patient waiter either. I know our poor coordinator gets sick of me asking if there is any news, but too bad! Congrats on getting your dossier turned in!

Steffie B. June 11, 2007 at 6:42 PM  

Don't worry...you'll get the official word soon! I know it's hard....BTDT. Oh yeah...and thanks for reminding me that hard balls will strike again! lol NOT!

M- June 11, 2007 at 9:01 PM  

Congrats on getting your dossier in. That is a BIG step, but this waiting part, its for the dogs!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP