Powered by Blogger.

come out, come out, wherever you are...

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm curious.
Who are you?
I look at all of these stats on Active Meter and Site Meter (yes, I have two meters...I'm a nerd that way) and I see the 60 plus hits a day and I wonder...who's reading my blog?
I know there are several people who comment regularly...who let me know what they think about my ramblings. And I love the feedback! It's awesome to think that somebody might find my writing interesting and maybe even entertaining.
But there are so many I never hear from.
I'd really like to.
So if you are lurking...reading, possibly enjoying, but either too nervous or not inspired enough to say much...could you drop me a quick note and let me know you're out there? Just push the comments button on the bottom of the blog entry and type up a quick memo.
It won't hurt, I promise.
And you'll make my day.
Actually, probably my week.
I don't know, you might even make my month, because I'm starting to wonder if all of those hits are really just my Mom checking up on me! ;)

24 salty messages:

Rachael July 17, 2007 at 8:34 PM  

Before I was a commenter...I was a lurker. It really was a painless transition...honest. I get about 5-10% of my visitors commenting. Weird huh? I'm like you, a curious sort who wonders who these other silent people are.

Oh, but I'm not who you were wanting to hear from this time...

Tami July 17, 2007 at 9:01 PM  

I'll take a comment from you anytime! ;)

Carrie July 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM  

I check in regularly.... Though I'm lazy and mostly read blogs through my goggle reader. Since I switched to a blog reader I find that I comment much less than I used to.

M and M July 17, 2007 at 9:20 PM  

I am de-lurking...I generally read your blog through bloglines and don't actually come to your site, but today I thought I would comment!

carla,  July 17, 2007 at 9:57 PM  

I never have been a talker, but love looking at your site(s). It is an adoption support group for me.

Amy July 17, 2007 at 11:01 PM  

Hi, I check you out daily. We are about to take the adoption "plundge" again, so I often read blogs to remind myself what it was like the first time around. Am I crazy or what?!

Old DAN AND Little ANN July 18, 2007 at 1:18 AM  

I need a visitor counter. I wonder if anyone reads my blog b/c I hardly ever get comments. I jsut keep faithfully posting away though. I enjoy it even if no one else does. How do you add a counter anyway?

DoveFamily July 18, 2007 at 8:11 AM  

I'm convinced my mom and mom-in-law check our blog, multiple times a day. That just might be my way of rationalizing why my hit counter zooms up by I get very few comments :) Another way of justifying writing to a silent audience is that when this is all over, I can use that website that turns your blog into a book, for a keepsake for our little one!

Maybe once we get in country and have more news to post, people will stop lurking and start typing!

Troy and Rachel July 18, 2007 at 8:55 AM  

I think we all wonder the same thing. I think the readers are what keeps the comments down. I still like to go to the actual site to read the post, but I use my reader to see which sites to check that day. That way I don't have to click on everyone even if they haven't posted!!

Cathi July 18, 2007 at 9:19 AM  

Not just your mom, but your cousin, too. I enjoy what you write in both places.
Cathi

kate July 18, 2007 at 11:36 AM  

Hi, Tami. It's me, Kate. ;> (no surprise there...)

Nataliya July 18, 2007 at 11:43 AM  

I'm not very good with comments, but I enjoy reading your blog as a fellow PAP at the same waiting stage. Hopefully our dossiers will be submitted soon!

Anonymous,  July 18, 2007 at 12:38 PM  

Hi! I'm a lurker on your blog! (Gosh makes me feel like a peeping jane!) We're PAP's too, and close to the same stage (we are submitted waiting for a date), so I like to keep up with other PAP's experiences! Love your blog!

Shelley July 18, 2007 at 5:27 PM  

I read your blog daily :) We are traveling to Ukraine this weekend to begin/end the adoption process...end of this part of the journey/beginning of our new family. I especially love your blog because its nice to know I'm not the only not so patient one out there :) I will start commenting more to let you know you are not talking to yourself!

Jenni July 18, 2007 at 11:31 PM  

I'm one of your regular readers from Northern California!

It is fun to see where your blog is being read and guess who it might be. Although, I've had several hits from Saudi Arabia and Qatar, which frankly, is just strange...

adoptedthree July 19, 2007 at 8:03 AM  

I am here. Hard to check on everyone with three kids and security restrictions at work but I find the time now and then!

Starfish July 19, 2007 at 12:38 PM  

I'm here too - it's so hard to keep up with everyone, but I do check in as often as I can!

M- July 19, 2007 at 2:29 PM  

I read regularly as well, I just am not generally witty enough to leave a comment....or perhaps, just too dang lazy!

adopting2fromUkraine July 19, 2007 at 2:50 PM  

Hi,

I've just recently found your blog. We are just at the point of sending our dossier to Ukraine for translation. I love reading the blogs of other PAPs:)

Allison July 19, 2007 at 8:49 PM  

I am a fairly new reader to your blog. I think I've commented a few times but usually just race through my favorite blog updates before my boys wake up from nap so I don't have too much time to comment. But I really do enjoy your blog.

Leslie July 20, 2007 at 7:01 AM  

You know me! I'm always here!

Is Eight Enough? July 20, 2007 at 9:11 AM  

We are in the stage of collecting paperwork. I love your style of writing and then I remember you mentioned you were a journalist. No doubt! You have a wonderful alive way of writing. You actually make me think of the author Max Lucado. Real sentences.

I don't comment cause I don't know you, but I love your story! LOL! I loved reading your homestudy story, cause THAT is one the things I have so wondered about! The alien invasion! :o)

Justine

Lynda,  July 23, 2007 at 3:55 PM  

Hey Tami -- Seems like we can't connect by phone lately, so just want you to know I'm here and I can't wait to hug our new little girl.

By the way, Doc says it's another girl!

Karya July 24, 2007 at 2:41 PM  

I can't even remember how I found your blog, but I've been reading it for months. Throughout my life, I have known a bunch of people who've adopted from foreign countries and their stories always snap up my attention. I feel that it is something I need to do, too... someday. I've found your blog to be very informative about the whole process.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP