Powered by Blogger.

i got 'em!!!

Monday, July 16, 2007

Perserverance pays off.

The early bird gets the worm.
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Make hay while the sun shines.
Куй железо, пока горячо.
I did it!
I got ahold of 'em!
I finally got my answers.
It took a little finagling...but I did it!
Okay...here are the details.
I called first thing this morning and (of course) didn't get an answer, so I left a(nother) message on their answering machine.
Then I did what I hadn't done yet...I called our fabulous paperwork rep! I had originally balked at calling her, because her job is done. She doesn't need us bugging her anymore, but I was desperate.
And she is awesome.
I didn't get in touch with her either, so I left a message. But I know her...she's great...she always calls me back. And sure enough, an hour later she called.
She apologized for the owner, saying they'd been swamped lately, said she had a meeting with her in a couple of hours and that she'd ask the questions and call me back.
Two hours later I had my answers.
(I told you she was good!)
She also said to call her anytime I have trouble getting in touch with the owner...so yippee! I have the inside track!!! ;)
Not only that, but the owner did end up calling my cell phone (although I didn't hear it) and left me a message apologizing and said if the paperwork coordinator didn't answer all my questions to give her a call. She promised to be better about getting back to me.
Hmmmm...
So anyway...here are my answers...
1. Where are we in the process?
Our dossier has been translated and has been assigned to a facilitator. WE'RE IN LINE!!!!
2. How many people are ahead of us?
We are seventh in line for our agency alone...that means our agency will submit six other families before us.
3. How long will it take to submit us? (We already knew, but wanted to double-check)
It all depends on the Ukrainian government. If they decide to start accepting dossiers more quickly, then it could be as short as a month...if they keep up the current pace it could be two or more. (Let's not even talk about a slow-down.)
I really do feel much better...and all it took was an answered phone call.
Sigh.

8 salty messages:

jessy July 16, 2007 at 7:44 PM  

Glad that you have some news...and overall, sounds like pretty good news! You are on your way! I'm so excited for you.

Kim July 16, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

Finally some news. Hooray!

Troy and Rachel July 16, 2007 at 8:07 PM  

Wow!! Knowledge is power!! I am so happy you are being put "in-line". Congratulations on another step of the process done.

Old DAN AND Little ANN July 16, 2007 at 8:36 PM  

That is GREAT! I know how those littlest of updates can be a huge weight off your shoulders. Good news! :)

Rachael July 17, 2007 at 8:02 AM  

It's good to be in the know, isn't it?

kate July 17, 2007 at 10:09 AM  

It's so nice to just KNOW!

E. July 17, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

I'm glad you got the answers to your questions! It's nice to know where you are in the process. It really helps alleviate at least some stress and worry.

Leslie July 17, 2007 at 7:11 PM  

Huge sigh of relief. We[re still battling with that one piece of paper. Keep praying for us!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP