Powered by Blogger.

questions...

Friday, July 20, 2007

It's been one month since our dossier took off for Ukraine.
We're another month closer to finding our little girl.
A month closer to being a family of six.
A month closer to adding another culture with rich traditions into our clan.
At times it's hard to believe.
We've been thinking about this for so long, it's almost surreal.
To think, in less than a year...I'm praying for less than six months...we'll have a new family member.
Sometimes it stops me dead in my tracks.
This time next year there should be six of us.
Three boys.
Three girls.
An even split (finally! ;)
We'll need another chair at the table.
I'll have to buy another car seat (or maybe just pull one out of storage.)
And we'll have to drag the crib/toddler bed out of the basement.
Punky's old clothes will have to be sorted.
Six months from now our family could be complete.
Wow!
And then my mind starts wandering.
Sometimes I allow myself to think about her....
I wonder where she is...
what she looks like...
what her favorite foods are.
I wonder what she's doing.
It's just before six in the morning in Kiev right now...
Maybe she's waking up to a brand new day.
Someone may be helping her change her clothes.
Or maybe they're already on to breakfast.
Is she having cream of wheat with a little bit of pureed fruit and weak tea? Is she getting enough to eat? Does she even like it?
Is she one...two...three...maybe older?
Is she potty trained...or still in diapers?
Is she a blond, a brunette or a red-head? Maybe something in between?
Are her eyes blue, brown or green? Maybe hazel?
What will her first reaction to us be? Will she be happy, sad or scared? A mixture of all of the above?
Questions...so many questions.
Sigh.
The good news is...
I shouldn't have to wait toooooo much longer to discover the answers.

10 salty messages:

jeneflower July 21, 2007 at 7:20 AM  

It is so hard to wait. I remember! But like you said- it will happen soon!

annmarie,  July 21, 2007 at 9:06 AM  

I hope you get your call soon...what a magical moment that will be!

Missy July 21, 2007 at 5:23 PM  

Goosebumps all over! I have those thoughts so many days (most all of my "bottle walks"). I try to think that this is 1 day closer, but I can't wait until I am working on paperwork or whatever so it feels real! I am so excited for you all!

Old DAN AND Little ANN July 22, 2007 at 12:05 PM  

That is one of the funnest parts of the expecting period. Having all those musings about what and who the little one will be. Each child is such a delightful little suprise. So all their own - each one. My two bio daughters are so random. One red head. One brunette. One straight hair. One Shirley Temple ringlets. I figure our little guy with his white blond hair should 'fit' right in!

Thinking of you today.

Aduladi' July 22, 2007 at 7:22 PM  

I am in tears! Maybe the Lord has given her the peace of knowing that her family is coming to get her soon. I'll be praying for His timing to be speedy!

Troy and Rachel July 23, 2007 at 9:40 AM  

It's funny - I wonder all the same things and then I have to remind myself that whatever I picture will be nothing like what I imagined but everything I ever wanted!! I love hearing people say they are closer because that means that everyone out there waiting is closer also. I hope you hear soon!

Allison July 23, 2007 at 9:43 AM  

I love sitting back and dreaming what our little girl is going to look like, act like, how old she's going to be, etc. It is one of the best ways to pass the wait.
Hope you don't have too much longer before you know the answers to your questions!

DoveFamily July 23, 2007 at 1:46 PM  

My hubby and I wonder the same things about our little guy. I can't wait to have some of those answers, too, and to experience so many firsts with him.

Still praying for your dossier to be submitted SOON!

KrazyMom July 23, 2007 at 8:51 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my site. I just read through your last few posts, and am so excited for you! I know what you mean regarding the many unanswered questions! "Just who is this little person who is wating to join your family!" It is so overwhelming, yet heartwarming to anticipate! Praying things move along quickly for you! We seem to be at a stand still for now, but trusting in the Lord's timing.

Melissa E. July 25, 2007 at 8:39 AM  

A couple in our group is over in Ukraine right now awaiting a new referral. They turned down the first one because rathere than being blond-haired and blue-eyed, they were shown a little brown-haired, brown-eyed boy! Can you believe it? I can not imagine such shallowness!
How sad.

Since we are waiting for our appointment in Ukraine, too, I know just what you are describing. I was just looking at the blog of someone who knows the child that is waiting for them (Haiti). I imagine in some ways that is easier and in some ways harder. I know I can hardly contain my anticipation of meeting my new children!

Thank you for your encouraging words on my blog (www.lovedalready.com). May God bless your family.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP