Powered by Blogger.

random happy thoughts

Friday, July 13, 2007

No news, is bad news...at least that is what I think.
All is quiet on the adoption front. I've been trying really hard this week to get in touch with the owner. I saw something on one of their other client's blogs that has me a bit nervous. It's nothing earth shattering...but if it's true it changes quite a bit.

I haven't heard anything from them...
and it's killing me.
All of it has put me in a bit of a funk. I really don't want Finding Maddie to turn into a whiny blog...after all, I tell my children all the time that people don't like whiners! But it's so haaaaard for me not to complaaaaain when I don't know anythiiiiiing and can't find anything OUT!
Uuuuugh!!!

Even work is driving me nuts right now.
So in an effort not to complain (too much) I've decided to give you five random, happy thoughts from our family's week.
1. Both Punky and Q-ball passed their swimming tests today! Next year Punky will move up to level 2 and Q-ball will swim on up to level 5! I'm so proud.
2. My sister-in-law and new niece came home last night. I talked with Valerie this morning and she sounded tired, but happy. I think I heard Kaycee in the background...she sounded so cute. I'll have to wait to meet her at least for a little while.
3. Punky lost another tooth. She has a gaping hole in her smile now. It's too cute! :)

4. JacJac finished his baseball season this week and brought home a cute trophy. (I know, I know...I've already told you...but I'm running out of ideas! :)
5. I got my hair cute...SHORT! What a relief! I was getting really tired of my hair. I hadn't changed the style in LONG time and it was just plain yucky. So I had them cut it off! :) Thankfully I have a hubby who doesn't pitch a fit when I do this kind of thing. I don't think he's actually thrilled or anything...but he doesn't complain. That's something to be very thankful about.
So there you have it. Five random, happy thoughts from our family.
I feel a little better.
But I'm still going to call and email them tomorrow (Saturday).
They're not getting off that easy.

5 salty messages:

Rachael July 14, 2007 at 9:59 AM  

I hope you get some answers. Waiting is easier when you know what to expect.

Have a great weekend, and keep thinking those positive thoughts.

Old DAN AND Little ANN July 14, 2007 at 11:31 AM  

It does hlep to 'blog it all out' huh? My hubby has been gone this past week with work and blogging has definitely been a release. We are even going to his company picnic today without him. I'm adjusting not b/c I like him being gone any better but I simply refuse to waste precious Alaskan summer days that I dreamed about the whole long winter being miserable! I DO hope you are able to finally make contact with your aagency today. Do you have an identified child assigned to you at this point?

Alicia

Gail,  July 14, 2007 at 3:02 PM  

Tami,
That's something I like about you. Even when things are BLAH, you try to find something positive. I don't think it would be possible for anyone to get through an adoption without doing just that.
Hang in there girl!
Gail

Kim July 15, 2007 at 12:53 PM  

I was going to try to search through your blog to find out who your agency is... but then I thought you might have kept that to yourself and it would be a long search in vain.

I am hoping it's not AIP. Just wondering because there is so much buzz about them right now! It is also who we used and well... we have our son so that is what really matters.

Keep the positive thoughts going. It's what gets us through the days.

Tami July 15, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

Kim - It wasn't AIP...if you email I'll let you know who I'm using. I really hate complaining about them, because other than the communication thing everything has gone smoothly. But I worry that if the communication is so rough right now what will it be like in-country. All I can do is pray.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP