Powered by Blogger.

treading water

Monday, July 9, 2007

It's a very busy week around here.
Everyone is in swimming lessons.
Q-ball and Punky started taking Red Cross lessons at our local pool today. JacJac has a private instructor in another town.
J isn't so much a priviledged child as he is too young for the Red Cross. Evidentally they have a rule that kids need to be six by the date the lessons begin (today).
He turns six August 1st.
A bit silly to me. He's 20 days shy of being six...and he's already swimming. I would think they'd want the kids to learn as early as possible so there would be fewer drowning accidents.
I guess I'm wrong.
Sooo...JacJac is taking lessons with a college girl I know from work. And he's doing great! As you can see here he's learning to kick and use his arms. Tonight was his first lesson and she already has him letting go of the side of the pool and swimming to her.
She's gooooood.
As far as the adoption goes I feel a bit like JacJac. I'm kicking as hard as I can, keeping my head just above water.
There is nothing new on the adoption front...and absolutely nothing on the horizon.
It's the part I dreaded the most.
The waiting.
You know the funny thing? I knew it was coming and thought I had prepared for it.
I was wrong.
I'm not any better at this than I was eight years ago...or five years ago.
The only difference is I do have my kids to distract me. And that's a really sweet thing.
The other difference is I have all of you. And that's a good thing too.
Thanks for listening to me whine and complain about everything adoption related in the last few weeks. I promise to try and do less of it in the coming weeks.
In the meantime I'm going to try and do better than just treading water.
I'm going to work on my breast stroke, my butterfly and my diving skills. Because you know, according to Google Maps, I have a very LONG swim in front of me! :)
*********************
P.S. - Awwww Maaaaan! They took it down! I just checked the Google link I had in my blog from April 13th and they took out the instructions on how to get to Ukraine from a midwest city near me! That stinks! It was funny! ;)

7 salty messages:

Troy and Rachel July 10, 2007 at 8:30 AM  

Sounds like the kids have a busy summer and that's great. I know exactly what you mean about the waiting. I thought we would go back to being "normal" after finishing the adoption paperwork and be about our merry little way doing what we always do while we waited. It's just not like that though. Everything we do we think about our little one now!!

3D July 10, 2007 at 8:31 AM  

I know what you mean. I thought the wait would be the easy part. Silly me! I hope that you hear something soon.

Keep smilin!

Old DAN AND Little ANN July 10, 2007 at 9:58 AM  

Are there two trips required for Ukraine?

Rachael July 10, 2007 at 10:44 AM  

How long is your estimated wait? Do you have any idea what to expect with that?

Tami July 10, 2007 at 6:45 PM  

Ukraine only requires one trip...but that trip can be a bit of a doozy. Four to five weeks on average. We're hoping Meshack can come back home after three weeks or so. I'll stay the rest of the time.
The last time I talked with the agency they were thinking it might take three months to submit the dossier, a month or so to get an appointment and the appointment is usually set for a couple of months later. The time frame before we travel is looking to be six months...maybe longer. In that case, I'm kind of hoping it will wait until after Christmas...I don't want to be away from the kids during the holidays.

Missy July 10, 2007 at 7:23 PM  

I remember that google map thing. It made me laugh so hard that my sides hurt! I tell ya though...waiting is not something I am looking forward to. But at least if I'm waiting, then I have finished all the paperwork and that's something. I will pray for you that the waiting doesn't take a bad toll! :)

Allison July 11, 2007 at 3:41 PM  

Oh my goodness. I was getting ready to write an identical post. Seriously, I was going to write that we've been busy with Chipmunk and his swim lessons. And I was also going to write about how we're still waiting and how much easier I thought it would be this time, but how it still is hard. What do they say about great minds thinking alike?!?!
Maybe I can just point people to your post and say "ditto".

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP