Powered by Blogger.

we are the champions...too!

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Not to be outdone by his sister, Q-ball and his team won their championship game tonight!
This has been a tough season for Q. He moved from coach-pitch up to the fast pitch league - a huge step for these guys. It takes awhile to get used to the different pitching speed and the speed at which the game moves, but Q-ball stepped up to the plate (pun intended - I'm so clever! :) and did a great job.
Unfortunately, his coaches weren't too concerned with helping the kids improve this year...instead they pulled all of the older kids (and a couple of third graders) and put them on a traveling team that played in a different town. This left Q-ball and three other third graders wondering what they had done wrong. Try explaining that one!
It also gave those kids all kinds of practice...while our town team ended up only practicing twice before the start of the season. The town team also ended up forfeiting a game and lost a couple other ones because of conflicts with the traveling team's schedule! (Can you tell I'm a little bitter? I've been trying to let it go all season...I'm still working on it.)
Anyway it gave us another chance to be incredibly proud of our kids. Despite the disappointments, Q did great. He took advantage of every opportunity they gave him and excelled. He was eager to go practice at the batting cages and played catch with his dad every chance he had! And all of that hard work really showed up on the field.
Way to go Q-ball!
*********************
Above: PICTURE REMOVED - Q-ball holds up his championship medal and shows off his great smile! Again...please ignore the quality of the photo...I forgot my camera (again!). I think I need to just duct tape it to my wrist. Maybe that way I'll have it when I need it!

1 salty messages:

Gail,  July 4, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

Q seems to have kept a great attitude and that is what is important. I don't blame you for being a little angry though.
Gail

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP