Powered by Blogger.

hot, hot, HOT!

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Ugh! It's hot!
Have I mentioned that I can't stand summer?

I don't know why, but the heat really gets to me.
I get irritated, short-tempered and just plain cranky.
And Meshack is rubbing it in.
He just called and said it's 71 degrees right now in our favorite camping spot in Northern Minnesota.
It's 99 here!
Ugh!
I don't like to wish away my days, but I'm telling you right now I WISH it was September!
Of course if it was September we wouldn't have been able to do what we did last night.
We took the kids to the Royals baseball game last night. And yes, it was hot! But in spite of my profuse perspiring, it was also a lot of fun! Q-ball enjoyed it the most. He spent a lot of time watching the players, learning who they were and trying to figure out if they were a good player or not. (In most cases, with the Royals, they are not. ;)
JacJac didn't really care for the whole thing. He was much more interested in the hot dogs, peanuts, frosties and small Sprites he ingested. He gets so little junk food at home he thought he was in Heaven!
For Punky it was all about socializing. She was much more interested in people-watching than game-watching. She'd comment on 'that girl's cute hat', or 'those pretty sandals.' Then, every once in awhile, she'd lean over and ask me who was winning...say a few appropriate words about how awful it was that 'our team' wasn't winning and then go back to taking in the sights.
Despite the mixed reactions, I think overall it was a success. The kids got to eat a ton of junk food, the guys got to enjoy some sports, Punky enjoyed her people watching and I survived the ferocious heat and got some cute pics of the kids!
----------------------------
BTW - Why do husbands do the opposite of what you want them to do, just to irritate the dickens out of you? I just don't get it! Last night as we were pulling out of the parking lot, Meshack was trying to merge into the next lane (of creeping traffic), but no one would let us in. He wouldn't turn his turn signal on! I strongly hinted no one was going to KNOW we wanted in, unless he turned it ON! He just silently kept trying to turn the nose of the van into the lane...with a big old grin all over his face! UGH!!! The man is so frustrating!
Of course maybe I'm was just suffering from heat stress! ;)

5 salty messages:

Missy August 10, 2007 at 8:10 PM  

You know by the grin...that's what always gives my boyfriend away. He doesn't always care about being right, just driving me nuts! Men will be boys! :)

Rachael August 10, 2007 at 8:37 PM  

We are melting up here too. My husband is just like you -- can't stand the heat, or sweating. Normally, I love it -- but with the cleaning of the flooded basement it hasn't been too pleasant.

Your kids look very cute -- sounds like everyone had a good time.

Leslie August 10, 2007 at 8:37 PM  

No, no its not the heat. Husbands do it just to get under our skin. I've got one just like that. Gotta love them!

Old DAN AND Little ANN August 11, 2007 at 10:34 AM  

Sounds like Punky would be a blast to go to the mall with. I love to people watch. We have no pro sports teams in AK but we do have a baseball team that I guess are minor leauges? Their home field is a short bike ride from our house. It is very Alaskan and 'home-made' feeling. I think it would be a cool thing to go to a big ball stadium like yours. The important thing is making memories with our kids! I'm with you on the heat. We've had 4 days of over 70 and for up here that is HOT. I know that will make you laugh but even our neice from WA says that 75 feels hotter up here. :) Keep cool and try to keep smilin!

Tonya August 11, 2007 at 9:25 PM  

It was at LEAST 105 here today (at noon so I know it got hotter) and when you add humidity, you have misery. I don't go out unless I am going straight to the pool or into an airconditioned building somewhere else. I told the kids that the park will have to wait until it cools off some.

You're children are adorable!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP