Powered by Blogger.

18 years ago yesterday...

Monday, September 17, 2007

...I married the man of my dreams.
Meshack is my confidant...
my rock....

my best friend.
Little did I realize on that gorgeous September day in 1989, just how much life would throw at us...and how thankful I would be to have him at my side.
Meshack has stuck by me through thick and thin.
We've weathered living below the poverty level...
Working three jobs a piece...
Seven years of working weekends...
Eight years of off and on infertility treatments...
Ten years of college...
Sixteen years of living away from our family...
Eighteen years of snoring...
And over 23 years of PMS!
He agonized with me through the battle with infertility...
and then flew around the world with me three times to find our children, despite a fear of flying and a propensity for air sickness.
He held my hand as we watched the orphanage staff bring our oldest son down the stairs to us...and then four short years later handed me a Kleenex as Q-ball walked into his kindergarten room.
He held the barf bag for me as I came out from anesthesia after knee surgery...worked with me to rehab the knee and still scolds me into taking better care of it.
He's driven me to the emergency room at three in the morning as I battled a stomach ulcer...stopping every five minutes so I could upchuck on the side of the road.
He's endured buying female supplies...
And survived the embarrassment of the price check.
He laughs at my bad jokes...
Thinks I can sing alright...
and calls me a great writer.
He is the most amazing father a child could ask for...
He always finds the time to play, read or just snuggle up to watch a movie.
He's not afraid to show and tell his kids just how much he loves them.
He is quick to love, slow to anger...
He is a man of integrity...
A man of conviction...
A man of God.
Meshack may be gray around the edges...
A little older...
And a lot wiser...
But he'll always be the boy I fell in love with 23 years ago.

11 salty messages:

Is Eight Enough? September 17, 2007 at 11:09 PM  

Tami,

That's beautiful! Yup, 1989 was a good year! We were married on May 20, 1989. *smile* I recognize the era of your wedding dress! LOL! I have to post you a picture of me in mine. I also had a high neckline and long sleeves! Then my sister got married 10 years later and her's is strapless, sleeveless, oh so tiny - LOL!

Justine

Old DAN AND Little ANN September 18, 2007 at 12:16 AM  

That was so beautiful. I love to hear someone celebrating their marriage in their heart and our loud. The institution of marriage is such a gift from God. What an awesome testimony He has given you with yours.

PS You ARE a GREAT writer.

DoveFamily September 18, 2007 at 8:06 AM  

Happy Anniversary to the two of you. May God continue to bless you for many, many years to come!

Nataliya September 18, 2007 at 8:45 AM  

Oh, what a great tribute! Happy Anniversary guys, wishing you many more happy years together!

I also married at 19, we celebrated our 20th anniversary 5 months ago.

Christina September 18, 2007 at 9:55 AM  

That's so sweet, what a great guy and a beautiful marriage. Happy Anniversary!!

adoptedthree September 18, 2007 at 10:09 AM  

Hey your dress isnt to hateful at least not your hairpiece- Mine was the "ultra cool" dangly forehead crystals--SIGH- circa 1990!!!

Happy Anniversary!

3D September 18, 2007 at 10:14 AM  

Happy Anniversary!!

Keep smilin!

jessy September 18, 2007 at 1:39 PM  

He sounds like a wonderful man--smart, too. He knows a great writer when he reads one.
It takes guts to post your wedding picture. I have to say that Meshack has grown more handsome as the years have passed. Isn't it nice when they do that?
Your dress--specifically the waist line--looks like something from Gone With the Wind. Were you trussed in a corset from you know where, or were you just that tiny? Could you breath, woman?

Tami September 18, 2007 at 2:38 PM  

Disgusting isn't it?! I haven't been that size since! And no, I wasn't trussed or anything else. I had just survived mono that spring and still hadn't gained back the 10 pounds I had lost. Great timing, huh?!

Missy September 18, 2007 at 5:49 PM  

I have to agree...you are an amazing writer! You must have some man to inspire you!!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP