Powered by Blogger.

confessions of a mom-to-be

Thursday, September 6, 2007

I have a confession to make...
I used the 'Expectant Mommy' parking place today.
There you have it...
I'm a pregnant mommy parking place stealer.
In my defense, it wasn't my idea...it was my co-workers...and she was driving, so I 'technically' didn't steal it.
But she said I was entitled...I am 'expecting' after all.
And we weren't in the store long...
We got in and out in less than five minutes.
But honestly it was kind of liberating!
I guess there's still a part of me that yearns to be treated like any other expectant mother.
I want the recognition...
I want the extra attention...
I want the PERKS!
I'd really like for my employer's disability insurance to kick in after my vacation pay runs out...just like a woman to gives birth. As the adoptive mother of a child brought in from another country, I'm going to be sleep deprived, probably physically a mess and I know from experience the battle of "Post-Adoption Depression.' Why am I not entitled to the same benefits as a birth mother?
I'd really like to have access to my long-term sick leave without having the H.R. department checking to see if they're legally obligated to give it to me. (They did give it to me...but the idea that they had to check really irritated me.)
And I'd really like to have my time off from work qualified as 'maternity leave' instead of a long vacation. (This is the one time,as a staunch conservative, I'm thankful for government interference, and the FMLA requirement.)
So I guess in a way, using that parking space this afternoon was my way of sticking it to the man!
Honestly though, I felt so guilty about it...there's no chance I'll do it again.
But just that one time...it sure felt good! :)

8 salty messages:

Leslie September 6, 2007 at 10:00 PM  

HaHaHaHa! Okay, that brightened my day! You go, girl!

Kendall September 7, 2007 at 8:58 AM  

Hi Tami! I agree with you on this! Thank you for the comment on my blog. I would love to follow along on your journey as well. Good luck, I hope you get your date soon! Kendall

Kathy and Matt September 7, 2007 at 9:28 AM  

Loved your confession.
We're all with you!

Troy and Rachel September 7, 2007 at 10:38 AM  

I think it's great - I might try it next!!

Nataliya September 7, 2007 at 12:20 PM  

Of course, you are entitled to park there - you are paper pregnant after all!

Missy September 7, 2007 at 4:22 PM  

It didn't seem "wrong" to me at all. I totally agree you are expecting.

p.s. Where did your blog roll go? I've been in WV for a week and missed the new (or rather old) look.

Gail,  September 7, 2007 at 4:52 PM  

We don't have any of those signs around here but if we did I would probably park there occasionally just to remind myself. LOL
Gail

Tami September 7, 2007 at 5:42 PM  

I tried, unsuccessfully, with a new look. (I just missed 'my' girl too much.) But in the process I lost a lot of stuff. I haven't had the chance to redo the blog roll...yet. After the expo is over I'll try and find the time to put it back up.
Sorry ;)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP