Powered by Blogger.

day 20

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Twenty days have come and gone since we submitted our dossier to the Ukranian government.
Twenty working days...
Four weeks...
672 hours...
Not that long in the broad scheme of things...but when you're waiting it seems like forever.
Today was the first day we have a chance of hearing something.
I wasn't really expecting to hear any news. It's just the fact that we COULD have heard something that is kind of exciting.
I put a call into the agency this morning to find out what our timeline is looking like. They sent me back this email...
"The SDA, by law, has 20 days to review a dossier…however, they are taking approx. 6 weeks. I just got confirmation that the family that got their dossier in two weeks before you just received their appointment today! That info gives us a good gauge. We should have news in the next couple of weeks!"
That's exciting!
In two more weeks we should have some real news.
Wow!
It's getting real.

8 salty messages:

Anonymous,  September 11, 2007 at 8:45 PM  

Great news that you will soon have the real NEWS!
Cathi

Gail,  September 11, 2007 at 9:19 PM  

Wow!! Within 2 weeks!!
Great News!
Gail

Nataliya September 11, 2007 at 10:36 PM  

Yes, I think you'll definitely hear something in 2 weeks, as 6 weeks seem to be the average. Can you believe that? I'm very excited for you - who knows maybe we'll see each other in Kiev!

DoveFamily September 12, 2007 at 7:00 AM  

Not too much longer - woo hoo!!

kate September 12, 2007 at 8:45 AM  

You can do two weeks. Two weeks is nothing for a pro-waiter like you!

Leslie September 12, 2007 at 9:01 PM  

LOL! Bats and dossier news, its been a big week for you! Whatever will we do to pass the time after all of this is completed???

Melissa E. September 13, 2007 at 9:30 AM  

I have even heard some say only 5 weeks. Maybe because things will start speeding up again now that summer and all the holidays(vacations and such) are winding down.

I think that you guys got yours submitted the day we did. Is that right? I'll have to check. I haven't been counting the days. Kind of unusual for me.

Anyway, Let's race! First one in gets a virtual high five! Maybe we'll bump into each other there.

Is Eight Enough? September 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM  

Wow Tami!! I've been waiting to see what was going to happen and when!! This is exciting! I will be praying... *smile*

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP