Powered by Blogger.

day 27

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nothing.

Zip.
Zilch.
Nada.
ничего (neecheevo).
UGH.
Sigh.
I'm trying to be big about this, really I am but inside I'm really wanting to WHINE!
I know of two other couples who submitted on the same day as we did, who heard this week about their appointment date.
I'm happy for them...really I AM!
It's just that I want to have my date toooooooo.
(Boy, I'm good at whining.)
The thing is, I really can't complain. Both of these couples don't have any children yet...
I have three to keep me busy.
So, I really shouldn't be complaining.
These couples have been waiting a LONG time.
It's taken us less than seven months to get to this point.
I can't complain.
Chances are, our letter will be there next week.
So I have no reason to complain.
But, have I told you lately how much I hate waiting.
That I'm really bad at it.
And now that the expo is out of the way, I'm obsessing about this adoption?
HAVE I?!
I'm trying to trust...really I am.
I'm trying to think about other things...but it's not working.
I'm trying to keep busy, but I DON'T WANT TO DO HOUSEWORK!!!!
I want to go to Ukraine.
Sigh.
I feel better now...thank you.

11 salty messages:

Old DAN AND Little ANN September 20, 2007 at 8:27 PM  

You are funny. I did the same unload at church last night. Everyone got a kick out of it. Mine was: I can't get my new iPod to do anything, all the clothes I ordered off the internet for me for fall don't fit, there were ravens in the grocery store that really freaked me out, an old lady about took off my bumper stealing a parking space from me, POOR ME! Then we read Hosea. After hearing what God required of him in his lifetime...I was greatly humbled and once again greatful for even my "one of those kinda days" kinda days. You are aloud to vent to me anytime though. It is good therapy! Sometimes as the complaint is coming out of our mouth God is there saying, "is that all you got? C'mon!"

Nataliya September 20, 2007 at 8:57 PM  

I think next week will be THE week when you'll finally know your travel date. So after the long wait, another couple of days should be a piece of cake!

Lucia September 20, 2007 at 9:09 PM  

Tami, I absolutely love how you put into words exactly how I feel as well - about MANY of the things you write about!!
We too have friends who sent in their papers at the same time we did and have been there and back with their children already. It's frustrating but God has known who our adopted children would be and when they would become a permanent part of our family before time began and it will all be done in His perfect timing. Keep the faith!
Blessings,
Lucia

Jenni September 20, 2007 at 10:47 PM  

Let it all out! I'd be complaining in your spot too.

I hope you hear something soon.

DoveFamily September 21, 2007 at 6:02 AM  

UGH - I'm frustrated for you. But I just know that the good news is coming SOON!!!

Ashley September 21, 2007 at 8:47 AM  

Thank you for your comment. I can't wait to find out when your travel date is. :) I appreciate the advice. Hopefully, we can sell our house soon and move and I can just start the process then. I have added another blog, strictly to let people know they can donate. www.ourgrisha.blogspot.com Someone else set up a blog for donations and they raised $16,000 in 3 weeks!

3D September 21, 2007 at 12:28 PM  

HUGS! It is tough. Hang in and I hope you hear news really soon.

Keep smilin!

E. September 21, 2007 at 4:47 PM  

You crack me up! But the waiting, it does suck so. I hope you hear something soon.

Allison September 21, 2007 at 8:17 PM  

You have every right to complain. The waiting sucks, especially when everyone around you seems to be moving forward. I hope you hear something very soon!

Leslie September 21, 2007 at 9:24 PM  

What do you mean you hate waiting??? Who says that kind of thing??? ;)

kate September 24, 2007 at 9:10 AM  

I am SO right there with you. No fun.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP