Powered by Blogger.

details, details, details...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The expo is right around the corner...literally.

Actually, it's down the block...about five of them.
And only two days away!
The months of meetings, phone calls, mailings, arguments and thoughtful planning will come to an end in less than 48 hours...and the real mayhem will begin.
Picture 3,000 (or more) women, 3,000 orange Josephine bags, 500 chairs, 300 vendors, 160 pounds of chocolate, 100 booths, 100 Josephine totes, 175 t-shirts, 40 volunteers, 18 models, 13 "Hunks in Trunks", six sponsors, six demonstration presenters, five bands, two fashion shows, two newspaper owners, a magazine editor, my boss, my boss's boss and one very tired expo coordinator all jammed into an area about half the size of a city block.
It's going to be crazy...and lots of fun!
I finished sending out and delivering the vendor packets, sponsor packets and demonstrator packets late last week.
This week I've been answering the phone non-stop, paying bills and putting out small fires.
Tomorrow it all breaks loose!
It's all about the set-up.
And that's where I'll see how well I've planned.
We have VERY large banners to hang up...
I have to check the layout to make sure it's all correct...
I have to double check to make sure the people who ordered electricity...have electricity...
I need to call the internet company to make sure they know how many people have ordered wireless internet (at this point I'm typing up a to do list for myself to check when I get back to work!:)
I need to pick up banners and stuffables from our sponsors to go in the bags, run by Paper Warehouse to pick up 25 orange, pink and red, round tablecloths and I have to find a couple more vendors so our floor looks full!
I know there's something I'm missing...
Hopefully I'll figure it out before 10 a.m. Saturday.
---------------------------------
P.S. - If you want to see what I've been up to, check out the expo's website at
www.josephinelive.com

6 salty messages:

Gail,  September 13, 2007 at 4:17 PM  

I just want to imagine the "Hunks in Trunks!!"
Gail

ColleenD September 13, 2007 at 5:57 PM  

Wait a minute!

Did you say 160 pounds of CHOCOLATE???

Where do I sign up?

P.S. Just wait 'til you taste the chocolate in Ukraine!!!!!

Rachael September 13, 2007 at 7:36 PM  

I'm surprised you have time to blog at all!

Good luck, I'm sure it will turn out great. You sound very organized.

DoveFamily September 14, 2007 at 6:08 AM  

Oh, fun fun! I wished I lived in your area! :)

Nataliya September 14, 2007 at 8:18 AM  

Oh my, I'm VERY impressed! Too bad I don't live nearby, I'd love to attend.

Good luck with the expo!

Is Eight Enough? September 14, 2007 at 11:21 PM  

You are amazing!! I would love to see this event. It reminds me of one of the Trump finale winning competitions! And you would surely win!

Justine :o)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP