Powered by Blogger.

holy night terror, batman! part two

Saturday, September 8, 2007

The first time I thought it was a fluke...
Just a random event that would 'hopefully' never happen again.
But it DID!!!!
The bat came back!!!
(Insert girly scream here!)
Tonight as I was sitting at this very computer, reading blogs, I saw something fly past me through the doorway and into the living room.
It took a second for it to compute.
I figured it out when Q-ball started running around the living room, yelling for me.
I (not so calmly) told him to run upstairs.
We barged through the bedroom door where Meshack, Punky and JacJac were listening to the K-State football game (we won by the way - Go Cats!) and both of us started in at once...
Me - 'There's a bat.'
Q - 'Dad, it's HUGE!'
Me - 'You've got to get it out of here.'
Q - 'It looks like a bird.'
Me - 'I don't care what it takes, it has to be gone NOW!'
Q - 'He had a really tiny head.'
Q-ball you're missing the point!
Meshack mumbled something about that's what you get for buying an old house and headed down the stairs to wage battle.
Q-ball, Punky and JacJac gathered around the floor vent to watch the scene below.
As the bat few around the living room (that gives me the creeps just writing it) he passed by the floor vent every so often.
Each time the kids would jump back, let out a yelp, then a giggle and lay back down on the floor.
It would have been cute if the bat wouldn't have been freaking me out.
Finally, Meshack managed to get it out...I'm not exactly sure how...and we were let out of our self-imposed prison.
The kids went to bed.
Meshack went back to listening to his game.
And I came back down here to the computer.
Tomorrow Meshack says he'll try to find where these things are coming from.
Sigh.

7 salty messages:

Rachael September 9, 2007 at 7:08 PM  

eeeek.

that would give me bad dreams.

(but, my kids would have thought it was cool).

Old DAN AND Little ANN September 9, 2007 at 7:47 PM  

OMG! That is so totally freaky. I would be staying in a hotel until my husband promised on pain of death that the whole issue was thoroughly resolved. OMG! I just can't stop riveting from the EB-JEEBIES! You can come up north with me until it is resolved, K?

jessy September 9, 2007 at 8:39 PM  

You probably don't want to know where they are coming from. They could have a den somewhere on your property--very likely in your house. Got a cellar? Attic?
I have the heebie jeebies for you.

Adrienne September 9, 2007 at 9:01 PM  

OH my Gosh! I would completely fall apart if a bat was flying around in our house!! I have chills just thinking about it. I am so glad Meshack was able to get it out for you!! I hope it and all other bats stay far far away!!

BethPie September 9, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

I just shivered!

The little lizards and giant flying Florida palmetto bugs we get don't seem quite so bad, now. The lizards are actually kind of cute. ;o)

Hope you get the bat situation resolved.

Nataliya September 10, 2007 at 9:34 AM  

No kidding! I would easily have a heart attack! It's interesting that a friend of mine had the same situation with a bat in her house a couple of weeks ago!

Courtney September 10, 2007 at 12:40 PM  

We had some friends who kept getting bats in their house--specifically in their bedroom! The DH starting sleeping with a tennis racket (they gave up trying to get them out...apparently they will just find their way back in again). Look at it this way--your mosquito population should be down!! :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP