Powered by Blogger.

milestones

Saturday, September 1, 2007

In the quietness that was my birthday yesterday...I hit 10,000 on the counter!
Wow! When I started this blog a few months ago, it never crossed my mind to ever think I'd hit the 10K mark! I started the blog to keep in touch with friends and family (none of whom read this thing anyway! :) And it turned into a wonderful way to keep in touch with the adoption community at-large.
I have 'met' so many wonderful people in the blogging world.
Thank you to all of you for your wonderful birthday wishes...
Although I have to tell you...
I'M NOT 40 YET!!!!! ;)
You guys are trying to age me too quickly... ;)
Or maybe it was my poor writing skills.
Either way, I'm now 37 years young...
Ugh!
When you have to start adding 'young' to the end of your age, it means you're NOT young anymore.
Sigh.
It was a good birthday. I spent the whole day, at home, alone...
No, really...it was GREAT!
It was quiet. (The kids were all in school)
I didn't have to do any work.
I curled up on the couch with a blanket and a really good book....
I played on the computer...
Watched a movie...
Took a catnap...
Aaaaaah...
Then last night Meshack and the kids gave me my present (besides the day to myself)...the one I asked for last weekend when we went camping.
A brand new bike.
Yep...I'm going to try my hand at riding a bike. I'm hoping it will help me drop a few pounds and give me something active to do with the kids.
After they watched me wobble around the back padio, we headed to Cheddar's for dinner...then home for a cookie cake and ice cream.
The perfect end to the perfect, quiet, day.
It's not so bad...being 37.

4 salty messages:

Old DAN AND Little ANN September 1, 2007 at 10:01 PM  

Happy Birthday Tami! I'm so glad it was everything you enjoy. You will have so much fun with your new bike. I probably ride bikes now more than I did when I was young. It is a nightly request, "Mom, can we go for a bike ride?"

E. September 3, 2007 at 11:46 AM  

Happy birthday! I'm not far behind you at all. I think 37 is big because it's kind of official that you are now in your "late 30's" which, of course, are dangerously close to 40. At least that's how it's feeling to me.

kate September 3, 2007 at 12:03 PM  

rather than "37" i just stick to "thirty-something"...which ages me because HOW long ago was that on tv?

one of our new hires said--at the beginning of august, mind, "I'll be 30 in May."

Yeah.

Rachael September 4, 2007 at 9:11 PM  

Happy Belated Birthday. Look what happens when I go away for a few days....people have birthdays and I miss out! ;>

Hope it was great (sounds like it was). Yeah for the bike too, what a great idea.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP