Powered by Blogger.

steppin' up

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I know you all are dying to hear about the expo...and I promise I'll update you this week.
It's just that I couldn't pass up the latest JacJac'ism...
Last Sunday, while I was blissfully unconscious asleep at home, Meshack bravely took the children to church by himself.
As an usher at church, during the early service he is often called upon to do offering duty at the end of the service.

This was one of those weeks.
Meshack got up to help with offering and gave each kid a VERY stern warning:
'Sit. Still.'
Would have put the fear of God in me. (teehee)
Not the kids!
He had made one fatal mistake.
He didn't them how long to sit still.
JacJac seized on the opportunity.
Meshack helped collect the offering, prayed over it and then everyone was dismissed. He started to walk back to his seat when the local judge cornered him to ask a question about his dog's case of dermititis.
As Meshack was dicussing the finer points of skin allergies, he suddenly heard over the sound system...

'You'd better watch out...
You'd better not cryyyyy...
You'd better not pout...
I'm telling you whyyyyy...
Santa Clause is coming to towwwwn."

5 salty messages:

Rachael September 20, 2007 at 8:27 AM  

Over the sound system?!!! That is hilarious.

So what is Santa bringin' that kid this year? Did he make the list?

DoveFamily September 20, 2007 at 12:55 PM  

I'm sitting at my desk laughing out loud :) At least everyone had been dismissed and they weren't right in the middle of the prayer!

Still praying for big news about your appointment date!!

Adrienne September 20, 2007 at 12:56 PM  

I just laughed out loud!! I know Meshack was probably mortified, but this is a great story you'll have to tell to his future wife someday! What a personality! :O)

Leslie September 20, 2007 at 6:38 PM  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's exactly what one of ours would have done!

jessy September 20, 2007 at 7:01 PM  

He made it all the way to a mike. Oh, that is really impressive.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP