Powered by Blogger.

merry christmas...

Sunday, October 28, 2007

...and Happy New Year!
Yea, I know...it's a little early...but it was on my "To Do" list today.

- Address envelopes for Christmas cards.

And you know me and my checklists.
I have to follow them to the 'T'.
Now before you go getting all impressed, remember, I'm going to be gone in December.
I usually wait until the last minute to send this thing out, fighting the crowds at the local post office (okay, who am I kidding, our town is tiny!) to get the cards mailed with a Dec. 24th date!
But I realized last night that if I'm going to get my annual missive out at all, I need to get it done...NOW!
And while it probably shouldn't be high on my priority list, it is. Call me crazy, but it's a part of my holiday tradition.
And honestly anything traditional or routine right now brings with it a feeling of normalcy.
And I need that.
The funny thing is ...and I didn't realize this until I was working on the letter a little while ago...I'm signing the letter:
Love, Meshack, Tami, Q-ball, Punky and JacJac.
But by the time our friends and family gets the letter we'll have added Maddie to the list.
Wow!
So do I wait until we return to send out our letter?
Or do I send it now with the news of her pending arrival and then send out a follow-up email later on?
I know what you're thinking...
"Well, why don't you just send out announcements?"
Honestly (and I'm ashamed to admit this), I didn't send out announcements for any of the kids...so I don't know if I should send out one for this one.
Somehow, it doesn't seem quite fair. (color me sheepish)
What to do, what to do...

34 DAYS!

12 salty messages:

kate October 29, 2007 at 1:34 AM  

I vote send it out now with news of her arrival (which explains why they're so early--and your year's recap will only go through October) and then send out an announcement afterward. C'mon Tami--it needs more than an e-mail. *PERHAPS* an amazing e-mail filled with photos...

OR just send out New Year's cards after you're home instead.

Just my $.02!

E. October 29, 2007 at 7:59 AM  

I have never sent out announcements for any of my kids either. Mostly because I'm cheap. And also because I figure anyone who really cares will already know that I had or got the baby. Plus, with a new child in the house, who has time to address all of the envelopes and everything? I mean, I guess some babies sleep a lot, but none of mine ever did.

Nataliya October 29, 2007 at 8:32 AM  

Tami, that's exactly the questions I'm asking myself. Usually I get the cards ready in November, but this year it's different! Do I prepare them ahead of time with just Alex and Victoria's pictures, or do I wait until I come back and send late Christmas cards with all kids pictures as well as an adoption announcement? I haven't decided yet!

Gail,  October 29, 2007 at 10:47 AM  

Send out New Year's letters instead of Christmas letters.
Gail

3D October 29, 2007 at 2:11 PM  

I like the New Years card idea.

Keep smilin!

Christine October 29, 2007 at 2:58 PM  

It's never to late to start. Send a picture of the whole family announcing your new one. None of your kids are going to grow up and say, "Hey mom, why didn't you send out a birth announcement for me?" At least not seriously, I hope. :)

You should make an announcment because you have something huge to announce!

Shelley October 29, 2007 at 4:39 PM  

I vote for adoption announcements! My friends and family loved them. You don't have to do the traditonal ones, do one introducing your entire family....since it will be "new" with the new addition. Send your Christmas cards before you leave...it's a great reminder to folks to pray for you on your journey and to remember what your family is doing this holiday season.

Adrienne October 29, 2007 at 8:03 PM  

I like the idea of sending adoption announcements with a photo of the entire family. I'm already concerned that I didn't send one for Owen and would like to send one with our next child. I guess Owen can announce his baby brother or sister's arrival with a picture of them both :)

I'm so excited for you that you're going to be with Maddie in December!!

Chris and Virginia October 29, 2007 at 10:03 PM  

Thanks Tami for your info on PAD. Once I followed your link, I realized I've been following your blog since last week. Great find and I'm looking forward to following your families journey.

Chris N Virginia

Old DAN AND Little ANN October 30, 2007 at 12:38 AM  

I am with you. I've actually thought of bringing mine to Vlad so that I can address them there and write personal little greeting in addition to the form letter I always do.

DoveFamily October 30, 2007 at 6:26 AM  

You are so good! I probably won't be doing Christmas cards this year - maybe we'll do a New Years card that incorporates a birth announcement.

jessy October 30, 2007 at 10:06 PM  

When my kids say, "How come you didn't do such-and-such for me?" I say, "Well, I guess I don't love you as much. That must be it. Right?" To which, they bust out laughing. Your kids will not question your love. Life isn't fair. Send an annoucement is my vote.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP