Powered by Blogger.

mission accomplished

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm proud of us!

We did pretty well.
We didn't get everything checked off the list, but we got a good start.
Meshack picked up most of Punky's birthday presents (I'll need to do some cleanup buying this weekend.), he's working on the camcorder's battery as we speak (discharging it, recharging, then checking). He didn't get the furnace checked, the will updated or the clothes for court...but a girl can't complain too much.
He tried.
I, on the other hand, was able to get a full day of work in AND check everything off my list!
Aren't you so proud?
Karissa helped me out with the medical forms. Thanks Karissa!!!
I called the banks and while I didn't really talk to them about the cash, I did find out who I need to talk to AND I ordered my 4O1K loan from H.R. So I've got money to pull out! ;)
I talked with the agency about my silly little question, which I'll tell you about in a minute.
AND...
I found out where our airline tickets are.
There's good news and there's bad news.
The good news is - the tickets will be here soon.
The bad news is - they wouldn't have been, if I hadn't called!
Sigh.
I didn't get angry...I was quite calm actually. I handled it like a seasoned adoptive parent whose been through this a million times...
I waited to yell and scream until AFTER I hung up the phone! :)
Soooo...
My all important question to the agency...
Do we need to take a photo album with us?
I've heard of so many adoptive parents taking a photo album full of pictures around the house, the kids, the dogs, the cars, the yard, the trees, the neighbors, the neighbors' dogs, etc. I was just wondering if it was required, or just a nice thing.
Turns out it's a nice thing.
Which is good to know.
Russia required the photo report...I thought for a split second it was going to have to be something official and I was considering breaking out in a cold sweat!
Nope...just a fun, see-how-fun-our-family-is kinda thing.
Okay...I can handle that.
Soooo....
Anyone have any ideas of what I can put in it?
And how I can put this thing together in...

32 DAYS!!

12 salty messages:

DoveFamily October 30, 2007 at 8:54 PM  

We did 2 photo albums - one that we will have in case of questions from SDA, judge, orphanage staff, etc., and the other is for Little Guy to start learning names, etc. They include pictures of us, outside of our house, his room, back yard & swing set, grandparents, uncles & aunt, and his 2 cousins. The one that we'll keep for SDA, etc. also includes a few more pictures of the interior of the house as well as a picture of our 2 cars.

Melissa E. October 30, 2007 at 9:12 PM  

We made a list for an album I am planning to take to show the kids what and who is waiting for them at home.

We put all family members, Grandparents, home, backyard, our church and friends, Us!...
You might add pets if you have them.

We have a Ukrainian friend who will help us to label the pictures in Russian and/or Ukrainian, too.

Anonymous,  October 30, 2007 at 9:24 PM  

We also took two. One for the SDA to look at. They returned it. Then the orphanage director looked at it. Returned it. Judge looked at it. Returned it. Then the orphanage director kept it. The other one was for our little boy to learn names of family members.

Rachael October 30, 2007 at 10:10 PM  

Good job on your list. Doesn't it feel good?

Don't stress on the photo album...just put in pictures of your family, your pets, your house, etc. It's for a kid...it doesn't have to be fancy.

Ken and Joy October 30, 2007 at 10:59 PM  

Hey there - funny you mentioned the photo album. I didn't even think about this until reading a few days ago about someone else taking and it coming in handy a few times. So, I am quickly gathering pictures, pasting them to paper and putting them into a small binder!! It going to have to work! Good luck! :)

Joy

Debbie October 30, 2007 at 11:13 PM  

Oh, this is getting to be so, so, well, real! :-)

Old DAN AND Little ANN October 30, 2007 at 11:34 PM  

I think just include pics of your best times as a family where people look happy and loved. Like they say, "a picture is worth a thousand dossier documents". (Well, actually I just make that one up. It might catch on. You never know.)

MoscowMom October 30, 2007 at 11:47 PM  

I think it's a great thing to to do... And have everything labeled in Russian. If you can e-mail me a list of pictures you'd like to include it in by Friday--sorry for the rush, but Chris leaves for Colorado this weekend, I could make the lables in pretty Russian handwriting for you (on Creative Memories paper, no less! I was a Unit Leader before moving here...). Keep it simple--the family, friends, house (especially her room), neighborhood... Maybe say something nice about the different people, i.e. "This Grandma. She is Mommy's mom. She makes wonderful cakes!"

Nataliya October 31, 2007 at 10:49 AM  

Aren't you glad you called about the tickets?

We are down to 18 days, and the lists are getting bigger every day :)

Leslie October 31, 2007 at 11:17 AM  

We made a photo album and arranged it chronologically. Wedding photo at the front, pic of the grandparents, our house, and the kids by age and the kind of stuff they like to do (playing soccer, football team, etc). Then pcs of us a a family fishing, biking, grilling, etc. And lastly photos from Kristina's summer with us. Although we had the album with us, we didn't get to show it at the SDA appointment or the interview with the orphanage director. We'll bring it to court just incase the judge wants to see it. Its better to have one than wish you did. :)

Kathy and Matt November 1, 2007 at 8:57 AM  

We have also planned to put together a few small photo albums. I'm leaving one here with my 4 year old so she can and will take a couple to share at the SDA and/or court and then with our child. I'm planning on just including some different shots of our family life - having fun, being together, our pets, etc.

kate November 1, 2007 at 2:26 PM  

Tami, if you'll copy your template into a word document and e-mail it to me, I'll tweak you so you've got some purple--either text or background.

;>

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP