Powered by Blogger.

what's a s!ingbox?

Wednesday, October 10, 2007


Alright...
I know I may have confused some of you about this s!ingbox thing. You may not be too clear on what it is and why my husband is so fascinated.
So here you go...my public service announcement for the day.
Check out S!ingbox's website here.
Actually, you would probably get a kick out of visiting the website even if you aren't a techie.
The spokesperson is a hoot! :) Does anyone really use 'hoot' anymore?
And honestly after checking out the website I have to admit, it's pretty cool.
Of course, that doesn't mean we should buy one.
After we come back from Ukraine what use would we have for the thing?
But a part of me is tempted.

3 salty messages:

The O'Haras October 12, 2007 at 5:13 PM  

Slingbox is ok, but your upload speed from home and download from Ukraine provides a so/so pic...I recomend finding series from TV that you have not seen and think might be good...we did season 1 of heroes and ripped it to computer hdd and have enjoyed it...just a thought, but slingbox wont give you all the quality here you might think ;)

kate October 15, 2007 at 11:34 AM  

mine works great--but i have found that i have a limited number of high-speed downloads/ month. do you know what sort of connection you'll have in the ukr?

personally, for the $$ involved, i'd skip it. it's nice with the dvr, but...it's just tv. i don't watch mine very often.

just my .02! let me know if you have other questions!

MoscowMom October 17, 2007 at 7:53 PM  

I agree with Kate... We actually bought one through a slingbox/direct tv hosting service here, and then haven't been able to use it b/c of bandwidth downloading problems.

That being said, if you're thinking of still bringing it, I might be able to have our provider send you ours...never used...

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP