Powered by Blogger.

cry of the orphan

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The closer we get to our travel date the more conscious I become of where our daughter is and what she is going through right now.
I wrote in my very first post about all the questions that go through my mind at this point. I start thinking about Maddie laying in a crib...waiting for someone to pick her up and hold her.
Knowing she may be cold, wet and hungry.
She doesn't have anyone to lovingly tuck her in at night or rock her to sleep.
No one plays with her, reads to her or colors pink bunny pictures with her.
And while I know the caregivers often do care - no one cares for her like a Mama would care for her when she is sick, starving or in pain.
And Maddie is not alone.
There are hundreds of thousands...no, millions of others just like her - all over the world.
Many of you may already know this is the campaign week for 'Cry of the Orphan'...a week highlighting the plight of orphans internationally and domestically. But there are many of our family and friends who read this blog, who may not have heard about this week and how they can help children all around the world.
The scriptures are full with stories and illustrations of God's heart for orphans. My favorite is in Ephesians 1:5 -


He predestined us to adoption
as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself,
according to the kind intention of His will...

My prayer is that you will follow some links below and let them touch your heart. They will help you better understand the plight these children face...and how you can help.
Let me know if you have any questions.

(WARNING: You will need a very large Kleenex for the video! ;) A friend of ours from the blog Kristina's Story put this together and published it onto You Tube. She is getting ready to travel back to Ukraine to pick up her daughter Kristina. What a beautiful story!)

Cry of the Orphan - http://cryoftheorphan.org/

Family Life Today - special broadcasts on adoption -
http://www.familylife.com/

Focus on the Family - special broadcasts on adoption -
http://www.family.org/



6 salty messages:

Gail,  November 13, 2007 at 8:51 PM  

That is so sad. I wish I were a millionaire so I could do soooooo much more for the children.
Gail

jessy November 13, 2007 at 9:41 PM  

You need to tell me how to get that video to load on my blog. I'm such a tech dummy.
The girls' room is adorable!

Nataliya November 14, 2007 at 8:52 AM  

It's very sad... But think about your daughter - she'll meet her Mom and Dad very soon!

Steffie B. November 14, 2007 at 5:21 PM  

So sad.....but you will be with your precious daughter soon! How sweet is that?

Old DAN AND Little ANN November 15, 2007 at 12:06 AM  

It is too hard for me to watch the whole video since we are here seeing thinjgs like this first hand right now. Especially the decline in our own son over the past 6 months. The scripture that comes to mind is, "Freely have you received, so freely give." How can our worship be genuine if it does not include caring in a tangible way for the least of these?!

Missy November 16, 2007 at 9:07 PM  

I can't say how many times I've watched this video but it never fails to cause tears to pour down my face. I literally ache inside. I guess maybe that's how I know that God does want me to go.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP