Powered by Blogger.

happy thanksgiving

Thursday, November 22, 2007

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

We're busting at the seams.
Our friends, Tom and Lynda and their six kids joined us for Thanksgiving dinner.
We had kids everywhere.
They were sitting at the table, in the living room...I think a few even ate their dinner sitting in the middle of the laundry room floor.
We had a ball.
It was great to have an opportunity to get together and just chat. Lynda and I don't get to do that too often...so while we were making stuffing, finding lost tippy cups and trying to figure how many place settings we needed, we talked girl stuff.
It was great.
And I am proud to say I made my first, official turkey...all by myself.
Well...except for the part where I made Meshack wash the thing out.
And it turned out great, except for the plastic bag full of gizzards I accidentally left inside.
Oh, well.
It gave everyone a pretty big chuckle at my expense. (I pulled one bag out of the bird...who knew they could stuff it full of so much junk! ;>)
Their crew has since left...on their way to the next stop.
My crew has since gone to bed...stuffed full of turkey, pink jello and wonderful memories.
It's time to go to bed myself.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

3 salty messages:

Old DAN AND Little ANN November 23, 2007 at 5:44 PM  

You have such a flair for writing. You also reminded me of one thing we missed here at the inn, PINK JELLO! Oh, no. I was so content before but now I think I MUST have the jello!

So glad your day was special! You will love off memories like this while is Ukraine!

DoveFamily November 24, 2007 at 6:48 AM  

hey Tami - I was going to email you and give you our Ukrainian cell phone #, but can't find your email address anywhere. Was hoping maybe we could meet up while in Kyiv since we'll probably be on our way out as you guys are coming in. Send me an email and I'll give you our info.
dovefamily@bellsouth.net

Nataliya November 26, 2007 at 7:01 AM  

What a great Thanksgiving you had!

I'm thinking about you as you are getting ready to go! Don't worry, everything will work out perfectly!

And don't forget to write about the basketball tournament!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP