Powered by Blogger.

I'm freeeeee

Thursday, November 29, 2007

...at least for the next two months.

I am officially on maternity leave.
Wow...that sounds kind of weird.
But it's true.
I wrapped up things at work today...and I'm all done until February. The big project is pretty much complete. There are a few snags to be worked out, but one of my co-workers is going to take care of it for me.
So I'm free.
Whew.
Now the real fun begins.
Do you realize the counter is down to 2!
TWO DAYS!!!
When I first posted that thing back in September it showed 69 days and it seemed forever for it to count down.
But now the time is finally here.
In a little over 48 hours we'll be on our way to Kiev.
Tomorrow is going to be the calm before the storm.
Meshack and I both took the day off to spend time with the kids...just the kids.
There are no real errands (except for a trip to Wa!-Mart for groceries - see I told you we're keeping that place in business!).
We plan to do whatever the kids want to do...
Dinner and a movie?
Trip to the zoo? (it may be a little chilly)
Hanging out at home.
Whatever they want...
We'll see what they choose.
And we're taking it easy tonight.
The presents are all wrapped, most of our stuff for the trip is gathered and sitting on our bedroom floor and quite frankly, the laundry can just wait another day.
So tonight I'm taking the family to Dairy Barn for supper (big spender, aren't I?), then we're coming home and doing nothing.
Well, okay...I have to finish printing the Christmas letters, but other than that we're not doing anything.
I think I can get used to this! :)

23 salty messages:

Christine November 29, 2007 at 7:08 PM  

Wooo-hooo! I'm so glad you will get to be home for a couple weeks for bonding. :)

Only two more days. How exciting!

Debbie November 29, 2007 at 7:21 PM  

AHHH! It's becoming more and more REAL. I'm on pins and needles. Enjoy your time with the kids. And enjoy your trip...I'll be praying for you!

Big hugs from Colorado,
Debbie

Tina in CT November 29, 2007 at 7:40 PM  

Yeah! I'll be thinking of you. Sounds like a good day ahead for the 5 of you tomorrow and a day off from school for them. Enjoy your day.

Dinner at Dairy Barn is better than the Weight Watchers frozen dinner I'm having.

I'm sure your coworkers sent you both of with lots of well wishes and bon voyages today. I bet it feels good to know that you'll be on maternity leave for two months and your husband will be taking some of the time as paternity leave. Enjoy every minute.

Have a good time tonight and tomorrow.

I'll be looking for your last minute blogs.

Amy K-S crew November 29, 2007 at 9:52 PM  

Enjoy your time with the kids! We'll be praying for all of you and following along. We're so excited for all of you!

The O'Haras November 30, 2007 at 12:44 AM  

Enjoy your last day with your kids! You will miss them as we did ours but everyone can get through it. We will be praying for you on your trip. Hugs from the O'Haras

John & Lucia,  November 30, 2007 at 7:03 AM  

Tami, it's hard to believe that the time is just a few hours away. Congratulations on your maternity leave! :o) I liken the experience of adoption to being pregnant and waiting till your due date, without all the physical discomfort (with the exception of being tired from doing last minute tasks). As you know, there are labor pains in adoption. In the end, all the labor pains, all the raging hormones (yes, even in adoption!) and the plain old tiredness goes away when you meet the new person in your life - your new son or daughter. Wishing you a GREAT day with the hubby and kids, a fruitful trip to Walmart (lol), a day of laughter and hugs and kisses, and a good night's rest ... Praying for safe travel and a speedy process.
Blessings,

Nataliya November 30, 2007 at 7:12 AM  

What a good idea to spend the day with the kids! You are absolutely right - the laundry can wait. Congratulations on starting your maternity leave, and enjoy your last hours at home!

Courtney November 30, 2007 at 8:31 AM  

I'm jealous! One more day of work for me. ;)

Kathy and Matt November 30, 2007 at 8:57 AM  

Your day with the kids is a great idea! Enjoy it!
Can't wait to read the first post from Kiev!

Lindy November 30, 2007 at 9:40 AM  

I think the kids will choose.....the zoo! Or maybe dinner and a movie. But probably not just hanging out at home.

Be sure to blog about what you did. And enjoy your day!!

It's getting exciting!!!

Waitingonmyua2 November 30, 2007 at 9:45 AM  

Tami - I am SO excited for you! Have a wonderful trip there. I am praying for smooth sailing all the way - and you know what I mean! I also am praying you'll be home quickly. Many blessings, Beth

Susan & Truman November 30, 2007 at 10:47 AM  

Lots of luck for your trip tomorrow. I'll be following along!

Chris and Virginia November 30, 2007 at 11:20 AM  

I can't imagine being on day 2 to travel right now. I expect my DW will kick me out of the house because I'll be pinging bigtime; unbearable to live with. I get excited just reading about how close it is for you.

It's great that your spending this time with your kids; it gives them great memories to hold onto while you're away.

Melissa E. November 30, 2007 at 12:16 PM  

Have a GREAT trip! Maybe we'll see you there. We leave in one week!

Troy and Rachel November 30, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

Wow - I can't believe 2 days. Wishing you safe travels and a good day and night with the kids!!

Christina November 30, 2007 at 12:56 PM  

I am so impressed with how you have everything checked off the list in time to give your kids some good quality time before you go.
What an amazing 2 months its going to be!

Tina in CT November 30, 2007 at 3:53 PM  

I take it that tomorrow is THE DAY! Have a wonderful night tonight with your children and happy flying to the Ukraine tomorrow.

I'm off to the midnighter crop at the scrapbook store.

Old DAN AND Little ANN December 1, 2007 at 3:49 AM  

Awesome! Less than two days now. Enjoy your kids and take lots of mental pictures of their little faces. Really, adoption is no more stressful than most vacations turn out to be and you come home with a lasting, valuable 'souvenir' that just gets better and better with time!

adoptedthree December 1, 2007 at 8:56 AM  

I love FMLA!!! Have a safe and happy trip.

kate December 1, 2007 at 10:39 AM  

What a great way to spend your pre-trip time. I'm SO glad you're ready to go. Praying for you!

kxo

Missy December 1, 2007 at 3:09 PM  

I just came on and realized...your ticker says 0 days...0 DAYS. Yeah, there are a few hours, but you are going! I can't wait..not sure about you. :)

Tina in CT December 1, 2007 at 6:54 PM  

Anxious to hear about your day with the children yesterday and your travels today to the Ukraine.

Gail,  December 1, 2007 at 7:33 PM  

Tami,
It is 15 hours until you leave. I will be thinking of you and Meshack. Have a wonderful trip!!
Gail

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP