Powered by Blogger.

i've got boots!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I finally found some boots.

Yipppeee!
Of course, all of the women of Ukraine will probably be laughing at me...
And Meshack is convinced I am making a horrible fashion faux pau.
He thinks they're 'go-go' boots.
Alright...
They ARE over the calf boots...
And they ARE black...
But they're not HIGH HEELED!
That's all I cared about!
I couldn't imagine walking down (or up) the streets of Kiev (how are we supposed to spell this?) in any kind of heel!
I have my knees to think about you know.
I can only go so far in my quest for fashion compliance.
I tried finding you a picture these wonder boots but they're nowhere to be found on the internet which means I'd have to go upstairs and take a picture of them myself.
I don't know if I'm that committed to this blog! ;>)
So use your imaginations for now...and if you're good, maybe you can see them when I start posting pictures from Ukraine in...


24 DAYS!!!

6 salty messages:

Mike & Tara November 10, 2007 at 9:29 AM  

Congrats on getting boots! I have huge feet (one of my nicknames is "Fred Flintstone feet") and I had such a hard time finding boots. I finally got a pair as well - although they're not pretty...but they are comfortable - and isn't that all that really matters? :o) Loved the suitcase story - Hubby and I are off this morning to get a medium sized suitcase - hopefully you won't hear our 'conversation' in KS! :o)

Rachael November 10, 2007 at 10:27 AM  

I had a big obsession with finding the perfect boots before we went to Russia for trip one last December. I wanted stylish, versatile AND comfortable, since I knew my packing space allotment for shoes would be slim.

I ordered a bunch of stuff on line (free shipping/free returns), tried them all on, then send back all but one. (Oh, and my sis liked one of the pairs so she kept that!)

It sounds like you're so excited about your trip! (Of course).

Can't wait to see pix from Kiev.

adoptedthree November 10, 2007 at 12:09 PM  

Definitely forgo the high heels, it just is not worth it with all of the walking!

Live vicariously through all the beautiful UA women and their heels~

I watched my facilitator in pain in her pointy high heels as we walked here and there, of course I had on tennis shoes;)

Nataliya November 10, 2007 at 8:12 PM  

Good for you! Over the calf is perfect, you'll look great even without high heels! I bought a pair of boots with the medium sized heels, I should be able to walk in those. I also can't stop myself from taking one pair of shoes with stiletto heels, just to show off when meeting my friends :)

As for the spelling, "Kiev" is the way it's spelled in Russian. "Kyiv" is Ukrainian version. I grew up calling Kiev "Kiev", so I'm sticking with this version.

Leslie November 10, 2007 at 9:37 PM  

I have a confession to make. I only lasted a few days in my boots. I resorted to my comfy black tennis shoes soon into the trip. Finding level ground in Ukraine is an impossibility and I was NOT going to bust my butt in front of women strutting around in three inch heels!

Tina in CT November 11, 2007 at 8:23 AM  

When I visited my daughter, Moscowmom, for the holidays 3 years ago, I brought new Lands End boots. With all the walking around in brown slush, I was glad to have them. My feet were comfortable and dry. I looked at all the Russian women in leather stilleto boots walking on cobblestones and wondered where their common sense was. Plus, all that brown slush must ruin the leather and could seep inside the boot. Yeah Lands End.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP