Powered by Blogger.

i had a dream

Monday, November 19, 2007

We were in Ukraine (I never saw Meshack...I just knew he was there.)

We got on the train that was to take us to the region...
and suddenly I was standing in the door of the train's bathrooms.
I went into the facilities and was immediately called out by my friend Lynda, who had gone into labor. (She's due IRL in January).
I realized I needed to get water for her...(don't know where I was going to heat it) but every time I would try to go back into the lavatory, she would call down the hall that she needed me.
I'd run back to the berth (to help her give birth (ha-ha)) and she would be fine. I'd head back to the bathroom to get more water and she would call out to me again.
At one point my mother was in the bathroom and wouldn't let me in. And a few times some unknown kids cut in line.
Then I tried putting makeup on in the bathroom...that didn't work out so well.
---------------------
Hmmm....can anyone tell where my obsession lies right now?
Yep...
El Bano.
Mercifully, I woke up before I had to actually clean the train's lavatory...
I'm sure that was coming next.
I'm not sure what the bathrooms on the Ukraine trains are really like.
I've only heard horror stories.
But I'll have some first-hand knowledge in only...

12 DAYS!!!!

10 salty messages:

Courtney November 19, 2007 at 9:37 PM  

Really, I didn't think they were that bad--no worse than some of the campground bathrooms in the US. It is a little more tricky not to actually sit on the seat when the train is moving. ;) And I'm a big fan of not sitting on the seat. In the first train we were on, it was a wooden seat and I wouldn't have touched that with gloves on. The second train had a metal seat, and it at least seemed like it should be more sanitary. But, no, I didn't touch either one. :) :)
Oh, and important to note that they close the bathrooms when you get to a station. So don't try holding it until you get to a stop. And at least on our trains, I don't remember them smelling all that bad. Now you can have pleasant dreams of the train bathrooms. :) :)

Christine November 19, 2007 at 10:28 PM  

Your dreams are because you are excited about your trip. There is so much anticipation, I bet that is why you are having wild dreams. Now, you have me thinking about the train bathrooms. :)

Leslie November 19, 2007 at 11:27 PM  

I wish i could reassure you on this one, but I can't. I swore I wouldn't use the train toliet, but I had to go an unbelievable 3 times!!! Tanya had a good suggestion, roll up your pants legs before you go in. They give you a pack of pocket tissues so don't forget to take those with you. Our car had an officer compartment at the front of the car where the train officers could sit when they weren't making the rounds. The bathroom next to their compartment was a little cleaner. Be thankful there's a western toliet in there now. We could still be dealing with the hole in the floor!

Tina in CT November 20, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

Ask Moscowmom about her trip to the rural Ukraine last summer!

adoptedthree November 20, 2007 at 10:43 AM  

Well they start off okay then the splashing begins and stuff sort of ends up on the floor and if it is a party night it can be especially bad!
Bring some plastic baggies put them on your feet and throw them away once you leave the facility- you dont want to bring that into your cabin!!

Also train bathrooms are locked about 10-15 minutes prior to stops and then unlocked after re-departure. That is so people are not leaving waste on the tracks in the area (since they flush to the tracks)

Good times :)

If you get motion sickness then bring something for the train as it can make you very queasy!

Shelley November 20, 2007 at 11:58 AM  

The train we were on actually had very clean restrooms. We were very suprised on both trips since we'd heard such horror stories. They didn't stink and they stayed clean the entire 12 hour journey. Take some travel TP, disenfectant wipes and some hand sanitizer and you'll be fine. If I were you, I'd be more worries about how I was going to sleep on the train. That was the tricky part!

Rachael November 20, 2007 at 12:28 PM  

Tami -- I think one of those dream analyzer psychologist types would have a field day with that dream!!

I can't believe how quickly your trip is approaching! I'm so excited on your behalf!!!

Diana November 21, 2007 at 7:53 AM  

We are praying for you guys. Very excited and all in God's hands!!!! Seems alot like being pregnant and meeting a newborn for the first time!

Tina in CT November 21, 2007 at 9:42 AM  

After this holiday weekend, the days will fly by for you with all of the last minute errands and details.

Will you be back home before Christmas with your new daughter?

Your husband will then either be putting up a crib or a twin bed depending on her age.

Congrats on your new position that you'll be returning to after your leave from work.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday with your family.

Old DAN AND Little ANN November 22, 2007 at 4:22 PM  

The fist time I read this I missed the title 'i had a dream' and was really horrified. I went back to the top knowing i must have missed something. Whew! You had me worried there for a minute! Yeah only 10 more days! Mixed emotions I know.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP