Powered by Blogger.

less me...more them

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Okay...I have a confession to make.
I made waaaaay too much out of yesterday's babysitting duty and I need to apologize to Lynda. I'll do it the first chance I get. (Unless of course, she's reading this...in which case, 'I'm sorry, Lynda!')
I also need to admit I have been a little too concerned about myself lately and not nearly concerned enough for others.
Call it self-absorbed...
call it ego-centric...
I call it selfish.
And to top it all off I was convicted by a couple of toddlers and my pastor.
All of the kids were absolute angels. No problems whatsoever. Even the toddlers. I probably could have gotten some painting done, but then I would have lost out on the chance to play.
And what fun would that have been.
And then Pastor drives it home with today's sermon.
It was about complaining.
Hmmmm...sound a little familiar?
I can't remember the exact passage - because of course the kids drew all over the bulletin and have since lost them, so I can't even look it up - but I think it was in Colossians.
And it was good.
Anyway...
I'm going to try to be less self-centered this week. And pay more attention to those in need around me.
Less me...
More them.

3 salty messages:

Nataliya November 5, 2007 at 12:43 PM  

Oh, Tami, don't be so hard on yourself! You are not selfish at all! And I'm so glad you had fun playing with the little ones!

Old DAN AND Little ANN November 5, 2007 at 10:27 PM  

I had one of those 'wake-up calls' myself. A friend told me not to be so pessimistic and it hadn't even occured to me that that was how I'd been being. I gave her comment some thought and realized that I have become more and more pessimistic throughout this adoption and now it is time to rally my attitude of thanks, praise, and expectation and to finish well! Aren't you glad God never leaves us as He finds us?!

Debbie November 6, 2007 at 11:39 AM  

Thanks for sharing this, Tami. He has been working on me big time...and now, as I seek Him, He is giving me joy and helping me focus on Him and on others. It's hard to learn, but He is faithful to teach me! :-) Hugs to you!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP