Powered by Blogger.

new beginnings

Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm sorry for all of the complaining.

I'm usually a much more 'glass is half full' kind of gal, but something has gotten ahold of me lately and I'm really feeling it.
Maybe it's a early case of PAD...
I don't know.
Whatever it is, I need to shake it.
This should help.
I was offered a job today.
And I took it.
Do you remember six weeks ago when I told you about my boss getting 'laid-off?'
Ever since then I have been in a working funk.
It's been difficult to see past the circumstances.
Nothing felt stable...
Nothing felt familiar...
Nothing felt interesting.
Then a couple of weeks ago an old supervisor (same company - long story) offered me a position in a different department.
It would mean more responsibilities...
More freedom.
A little more money.
And a change of scenery.
But the biggest change is that the new job would be a complete departure from journalism.
I'd be in the advertising department...coordinating special events (which I love), coming up with new ideas for special sections (sounds good to me) and coordinating the advertising sales of special sections (sounds important).
For some reason...the idea didn't scare me.
Today, I told them I'd take it.
So, when I get back after the New Year from maternity leave, not only will I have a new child...I'll also have a new job.
One that will give me a some new challenges.
And a new beginning.

4 salty messages:

Nataliya November 17, 2007 at 8:48 AM  

Wow, wow, wow!!! Congratulations on your new job! Can you believe that I was also offered a new job, also in the same company, also in a different department, also with a totally different job responsibilities! We really have a lot of common, don't you think?

I'm really happy for you - isn't it great to start the New Year with the new child and a new interesting job?

And you don't sound complaining at all, trust me :) I think it's normal to feel a little bit under the weather, after all we are very close to our due date, aren't we?

Rachael November 17, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

Congrats on the new position. Sounds exciting, and something fun and new to look forward to upon your return. (As if parenting four vs. three won't be enough fun and new for you! :)).

Shelley November 17, 2007 at 4:52 PM  

Congratulations! It sounds like an interesting position. New year, new job, new child....sounds like your 2008 is going to start off on a high!

Christine November 17, 2007 at 8:42 PM  

Congratulations! Hopefully, you don't have to start right away. :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP