Powered by Blogger.

the phone call

Sunday, November 25, 2007

We got the 'phone call' this weekend.
Our agency called to go over everything we need to know for our trip.
Whew.
There's a lot to know.
Now keep in mind we've been through this process before...
Three times.
But each time is a little different.
And add to that the fact that this time we're going to a different country and you've got the recipe for a big case of the nerves.
I've been downing pepto tablets like candy in the last week.
Thankfully we are working with quite possibly the most patient person in the world.
And the best agency I think we have ever had.
Nothing against our previous agencies (they're both out of business now) but I never had any one of them call me on a Saturday afternoon to answer my questions. They never gave me their cell phone number so that our families could get in touch with us in case of an emergency. And they most certainly didn't pray with us.
I like 'em.
We talked about everything under the sun.
She told us where our facilitator would be waiting for us.
We discussed the SDA appointment and what to do if there are no children that fit our requests.
And we talked about warm shoe inserts that we can buy at the underground mall.
An hour later our questions were spent.
I feel better now.
Much more relaxed...
And a lot more prepared.
I think I'll save the pepto for the airplane ride.
I'll need them in only...

6 DAYS!!!

13 salty messages:

kate November 26, 2007 at 10:47 AM  

What a blessing a good agency must be! I'm so glad you're feeling prepared.

Godspeed. All joy!

kate November 26, 2007 at 12:01 PM  

ps Had actually considered a visit to my friend in Kyiv this Christmas, but she's headed home to the US. Otherwise we could have met up!!

Troy and Rachel November 26, 2007 at 1:44 PM  

That's wonderful about your agency spending such a long time with going every thing. I can't believe you leave in 6 days - I'll be anxiously awaiting updates!

Waitingonmyua2 November 26, 2007 at 2:36 PM  

You asked for words of wisdom? All I can give you are words from the Good Book - Phil. 4:8 You have much more experience than I do. Much love and my prayers will be with you. I will follow your journey! God bless you! You have been a wonderful encourager to me. Beth

Courtney November 26, 2007 at 2:55 PM  

I'm debating whether I-80 or I-70 is worse--we used to do I-80 from Michigan to Denver. :)
What's worse than not visiting you is that I didn't get to visit Beth, and I drove practically right by her house!! We drove through Abilene early Thanksgiving AM (around 6:30 or so) and then were trying to make it to the wedding reception on the way back. Beth and Steve and Mark and I met up once before when we drove through KS and had a great lunch. It's fun to meet people you only know online. Looking forward to our encounter in 1 week! :)

Debbie November 26, 2007 at 5:01 PM  

That's great that you have a good agency--one that even prays with you! What a blessing. Only six days? I am pleased to be able to pray for you on your journey!

jessy November 26, 2007 at 7:16 PM  

I'm getting nervous for you.

Gail,  November 26, 2007 at 8:32 PM  

I can't believe it is less than a week until you leave. I am so excited for you!!
Gail

Tina in CT November 26, 2007 at 11:00 PM  

Tami,

I'm Moscow Mom's mother, Tina in CT. I wrote Rachel asking if she had your email as I put a comment in your blog yesterday and it would not accept it. I've put comments in before so don't know why it didn't that time.

I've been following your blog the past few months and sharing in your plans to fly to the Ukraine this week. I wish you and your husband:

1. a safe trip over and back
2. no red tape
3. the fastest time possible to process all the legal paperwork
and lastly----
4. a lucky little girl to add to your family to begin her life here at a US citizen!

Will you and Maddie be back home for Christmas?

Bon Voyage!

Tina

I just emailed you the above message to the email address that Rachel gave me for you and it came back to me undeliverable.

adopting2fromUkraine November 26, 2007 at 11:29 PM  

Okay, so where do you get those warm inserts for shoes?

Tami November 27, 2007 at 3:10 PM  

Tina...

If you go to my profile page there's a link for an email address...try that one.

Tami November 27, 2007 at 3:12 PM  

Our agency rep says you can get them in the underground mall...and that our facilitator can help us find some when we get there. Supposedly they are really warm, water proof and can be cut to fit your shoes. Sounds like heaven to me! :)

Tina in CT November 27, 2007 at 5:12 PM  

I'll go to your profile page for the email address. Thanks

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP