Powered by Blogger.

post number 200

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We've reached another milestone, bloggies...

This is post number 200.
I wish I had something profound to tell you.
A story with deep spiritual meaning.
But alas, I am plum out of deep thoughts.
I don't even have any clever, funny, quippy kind of kid-stories to tell.
Where are those kids when I need them?!
I need good blogging fodder!
Sigh.
So you're stuck with a plain, post full of a bunch of tidbits...but nothing too exciting.
Sorry.
It looks like it's going to take me 10 days to come up with something really interesting.
Stick with me...I think you'll enjoy it. ;)
In the meantime...here's what's going on.
  • - We got the Power of Attorney forms signed. Another item checked off the list.
  • - The mom-mobile had to go into the shop on Monday. It started making a weird clicking noise behind the stereo and I had no heat. Since it is winter, and my parents will need to drive the mom-mobile while Meshack and I are gone, we took it in. Thankfully, it was a relatively cheap and quick fix. And the best part was I got it back in time to drive to work this morning...in the first real cold day of fall. That heater felt goooood.
  • - Thank goodness for Meshack's obsession about having everything mechanical checked before we leave. We had the furnace inspected last week - and wouldn't you know it, there's something wrong. We have to order a part...and fork over another $300, but we have the peace of mind in knowing our children will be warm and toasty while we're gone. Good thinking, Meshack!
  • - We have company coming for dinner on Thursday. Lynda's family will be coming down for the day. We always have a ton of fun when they come down...I just need to figure out how to fit 12 people around my kitchen table. We still don't have a dining room table so we may have kids sitting on the floor! ;)
  • - Christmas begins Thanksgiving night. After Lynda's family leaves we're pulling out the Christmas decorations and kicking off the holiday season a little early. Since we'll be gone most (if not all) of the month of December, we need to get everything put up so the kids can enjoy it while we're gone. Sigh. I love this time of year. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a way to take a little bit of my homey Christmas with me to Ukraine. A mini-tree with lights, a candle, some music...something. Any ideas?
So there you have it.
Exciting, wasn't it?
By the way...thanks to everyone for the comments about my bathroom dream. I am going to look at it as if I was going camping. Eventually I'm going to have to go...I'll just make the best of it.
And bring along some baggies and handi-wipes! :)
We're counting down.
There's only...
11 DAYS LEFT!!!

6 salty messages:

Calico Sky November 21, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

I am simply in awe that it's only 11 days away!
I'll be praying for you!

Courtney November 21, 2007 at 10:32 AM  

I bought an air freshener at Walmart. It's a gel one, so it opens and closes and the container is plastic so I don't need to worry about glass breaking. I also don't have to worry about matches or hot wax. :) It's about the sixe of a normal pincushion, so it won't take up too much room and it's apple-cinnamon scented! Perfect for fall/winter!! :)

Missy November 21, 2007 at 11:50 AM  

I can't believe you leave in less than 11 days. I remember reading when you were starting the process and here you are, nearing the next beginning. Does that make sense? I just can't say the end since you will begin your life as a family of 6. Anyway...I am so excited for you!!

Shelly November 21, 2007 at 6:07 PM  

So, sooooo close!! Can't believe it's only 10 more days! I'm so excited for you!!!!!

Shelly

Leslie November 21, 2007 at 8:58 PM  

Csn you believe its almost here??? I think we'll actually be in Kiev at the same time too! Don't forget to bring your mug!

Steffie B. November 21, 2007 at 9:26 PM  

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

joy of adoption




Networked Blog Followers

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP